Friday, October 3, 2008

Knit Happens!

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAH! I bought that sentiment from Stamping Bella. I need to make a couple cards for my mom this weekend and this is for one of her knit crazy friends so I just had to use the sentiment. However, you can't see it because I put it in the inside of the card. I teamed it up with the Lockhart Basket of Yarn that I got at Ellen's store on her extended sale day and coloured it up with my Lyras, Prismas and a bit of gamsol. In hindsite I wouldn't have put the yellow yarn beside the basket but after i spent FOREVER colouring the basket I wasn't about to start over. The paper is one I've had hanging around for a while and it is from a Memory Box 6x6 stack. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those Memory Box papers. I think they are my fav...nice subtle colors and patterns that don't distract from what I just spent an hour colouring! The shadowing was achieved by leaving my spellbinder die in place and shadowing the edge with Ranger Antique Linen and a Tsukineko large dauber. Those large daubers are another one of my fav products. they give such a nice soft edge you'd never know a dauber was used.

Well that's it for tonight. I think I'll go post some of my latest blog cards on SCS and see what's going on over there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Linda, as always! Everything matches so perfectly. I should be using more of my memory box papers instead of hoarding it!!! - bad habit of mine(the hoarding thing)

Pauline

Terri said...

Another beautiful card and I love the sentiment that you used! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!! I'm also a knitter and if I'd received this card I would be in heaven! Love the sentiment - certainly brings a smile to one's face:) Memory Box papers are one of my favorites, too:)

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is so pretty!! I don't knit at all, I might poke an eye out, but I do admire a well made knittin card! I gotta try the shadow thing you did...you genius!

Shy said...

Wow! I just found your blog and am totally amazed! You do beautiful work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails