Monday, February 9, 2009

Sarah Kay

Today I'm showing you Sarah Kay Picnics of Daisies by Stampavie. I picked up a few of these at Pickle last week and they are soooooooooooo cute! This one I coloured the main image with my copics, then added the shading and grass with my pencils. I think I've said before that I not really a fan of blues, but match it with red and it becomes acceptable. With her wide flared denim jeans and red halter, there was really no other colour choice!



To balance the image I shortened the width of the front panel and cut the edge with my Martha Stewart punch. I used the extra piece of blue and mounted it on the inside of my card and trimmed it with a strip of red. I do this from time to time, but not as often as I should because I really like the way it looks in the end.


On a side note, if you live in the Chatham area and are need of a unique gift you should make a trip to Bride & Joy. Sadly, the girls have decided to close the store at the end of the month and will be having a progressive sale on all inventory. So if you need a little gift for the new bride, or mom, or just a little something to make someone smile now is your chance to get it. I have to say I'm sad that the store is closing, and I'll miss the staff that have been keeping the wheels going at Pickle, but on the other hand, I've missed Kell and Kim and will be happy to see more of them and their wonderful creations back in Pickle again.

'Till next time!

10 comments:

Terri said...

This is too stinkin' cute...love how you did the edge of the card, I must try that soon, maybe with my new Martha Heart border. Beautiful job on the coloring (as always!).

Anonymous said...

What a great card, lovely layout. You are just too clever. The colouring is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Well sister, I am casing this layout very soon. I love it! I have not done a card like that before...I don't think... To anyone else reading this...this little girl is just FANTASTIC IRL. The copics are juicy bright, and I was in love with her when Linda colored her...sigh

Anonymous said...

wonderful card jlaura

Anonymous said...

This is just so adorable!! Funny, yesterday I was looking at a blank card in my stash that I cut awhile ago. It's shorter in the front than the back and wondering what I would do with it. You've inspired me, yet again:) Thanks.

Marcie Sharp said...

Nooooooooo! I can't believe the girls are closing Bride and Joy!! It's my fave store in Chatham besides the Pickle of course... :( Beautiful card by the way!

Bonnie said...

WHATTTTTTTT!??!! Oh crap........not your card of course - that is gorgeous! As always your colouring is perfect-o!! I had just begun to discover Bride & Joy - dang it......the word verification is "castro" - he probably had something to do with it!

Anonymous said...

I actually GASPED when I opened this! I really love this Linda!!! Love this layout too. You da bomb girl!

Carla (cardsbycarla)

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Your colouring and layout is outstanding. Love it!! I have done this type of layout before and love the look.

Louise said...

Hi Linda,

I just discovered your blog (from the link on Debbie Olson's blog).

I love your style! I hope you don't mind, I've added your blog on my blog roll!

Beautiful card by the way! I will have to get some of those Stampavie little girls!

By the way, I am also a Canadian (from Quebec).

Louise C.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails