Monday, February 2, 2009

True Love


This is another Sugar Nellie stamp that I ordered from Scotland. Now if I could define a style that reflects what I like, this is IT...she is almost Picasso like with her big round head and wide eyes. I LOVE HER!!!!!!!! Since I am giving it to the hubs for valentines day I thought the colours should also reflect a bit of myself. Nice neutral golds and browns, simple design with tactile accents and a splash of red for colour. She was stamped in Versafine black and coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. The lace is something I picked up at our local fabric store. This card actually looks fantastic sitting in on the dining room buffet! I may have to keep it there on display for a while after I give it to him.

Coming up I'll have a Stampavie Sarah Kay that I bought at pickle and an MFT that I stamped off from Pauline's stash.

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Linda!! The shading and coloring of her is awesome. Love the tones you picked.

Bonnie said...

Love the image! So VERY Picasso-y in my VASTness of art opinion! ahem....was that RJ Fabrics - or something like that - love that lace?

Tammi said...

Stunning! I see why you love her. Beautiful coloring and shading!

Terri said...

GREAT card...love this image and as always your coloring is gorgeous! TFS!

Anonymous said...

your color choice is perfect! maybe I should color one up to give ti Jim so I can keep one too! I LOVE IT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails