Sunday, September 27, 2009

Are you thinking about Christmas yet?

I know I am, and I actually feel behind already. I typically start fussing around with Chrismas images on Labor Day Weekend, but with moving the boys, the cottage, and Toronto I've got myself a bit behind. Well today was the day and I pulled out Stamping Bella's Holly Ornament and got to work.



I tried a couple different things then settled on my Lyra's because they really haven't been feeling the love lately. And this year I have it in my head that I want my cards to be pink...I REFUSE to make a traditional red and green card...After it was colored I fussed it up with my versamark pen on the leaves and holly and embosses it with JudiKins Amazing Glaze. I bought this stuff at the Stamping Expo in Novi and it really is AMAZING! Nice thick SUPER shiney coverage. Then I added glitter and finally some gold liquid pearls. Click on the picture to the left if you want a super close up.



Then I thought....geeeze!...I'll never be able to color 40 of these for my Christmas cards unless I somehow win the lotto and can quit the day job. So I pulled out the mini version. Now these babies can be whipped up pretty darn quick. To speed things up I colored ball initially with copics (R0000,000,01, G82, 85, RV32, 34) then added some shading with the same lyra's as I used on the large image. For some odd reason though it looks kinda coral in the picture. Trust me, it's a super shade of pinky rose. Rather than emboss I used my clear glaze pen on the leaves and holly, added glitter and couldn't help myself but to add some liquid pearls on there too. Those are REALLY tiny area's so I don't know that I would do the liquid pearls again. I edged my paper with the EK success dotted scallop punch which is just dainty enough to not overpower this mini image. The card is 4.75" square and very pretty and very dainty.

I just think I may be coloring up a few more of these this afternoon.

13 comments:

dolcreations said...

I'm with you Linda..my Christmas cards are going to be pink as well! I love this card you have done! As always Linda your cards are superb!
Christine

Welcome! said...

Wow, I absolutely love these cards, they are sooooo pretty! Now I'm in the mood for Christmas...for now Lol!

Gena Porter - aka GDP2001 said...

Love these cards! I've been working on my Christmas cards since January and now how decided I have so many I may enter into a holiday craft fair and try to make some money back!! LOL

Peggy said...

Beautiful card!! I see a StampinBella order in my near future!
Are your Lyra's pencils or crayons?

dpkennedy said...

So pretty in pink!!

Lona said...

I bought this stamp a few weeks ago and have been hoping either you or one of the babes would use it soon. I really like the smaller version the best too. Thanks and see you soon.

dlove2scrap said...

OGM, what a beautiful set of cards. Wowzer's!!! Love them...absolutely love them! "Am I thinking of Christmas yet?", I am now!

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! These are STAMPTACULAR! I'm in awe of your coloring skills!

Cindy H. said...

What gorgeous Christmas cards!! I'm vey glad you allow a close-up it helps to better see your fabulous coloring and shading. tfs

Silvia said...

Lovely cards Linda! It is awesome that you two different cards with the same image. Coloring is great as always.

Shannan Teubner said...

Sooo gorgeous, Linda! I think I may go with pink too this year...but then again, I haven't sent out cards since I started stamping in 2006! LOL

mycardz said...

Awesome as always! :)

paula said...

ohhhh, love this bulb, not in my collection and just how many did you color! lol Is this your card, or your mom's stack of 40?? Get a move on sister, it's almost oct!!! Very pretty, love the pink!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails