Thursday, December 10, 2009

Little drummer boy

My friend Pauline, a key enabler in my life, told me about these new Whiff of Joy stamps she just ordered. Of course I had to check it out and fell head over heels in love with this little piece of rubber called Wee and Drum....isn't she cute!



I coloured her with copics, but used my white prisma color pencil for some highlights. I used the pencils again for the shading below her feet and the yellow glow around her. Finally, because I coloured this on white paper I used a sponge dauber and ink around the edge of the paper to tone down that bright white. Again, a simple mount, a little bit of machine stitching and another card done! I think I have about 10 more to make! Yikes! don't get too excited though, I think I be duplicating a lot of them from some of my quicker-to-color designs.

Don't go too far, because remember, I have a super cute card for tomorrow's Bellarific Challenge! See ya then!

3 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Linda this is GORGEOUS! I have this image but have not colored it yet. Your artwork is always inspirational!

Linda too

Anonymous said...

Beautiful WOJ card. I love these Uru images. Your coloring is spectacular as usual. TFS!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, your shading just rocks! I love this image and gorgeous papers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails