Sunday, January 10, 2010

Party Animal

Alright, he's more of a party bug, but I don't like bugs...so humor me and let's just go with animal okay. This little huggybug is Miles the dragonfly and he is looking so cool and aviator-like in those goggles! I love that aviator look...you know....Robert Redford, Out of Africa...if you've been with me, you know I've talked about it before! LOVE that movie!!!! And you know what is REALLY COOL.....click on the link and you'll see this card...my card...next to Miles! It always makes me smile and giggle to see my cards 'up in lights' so to speak!



I coloured him up in copics on Bella's Bestest paper in nice soft colors to match the Cosmo Cricket paper. This is one of my absolute FAV papers....you know...that aviator theme again! And you just know....I added a big thick glaze of glossy accents on those goggles so they would pop right out! I shaded with prismacolor pencils and gamsol and added a bit of detail and glitter to give that illusion of fluttering around with those biplanes. I thought that was pretty darn clever, however I WAS skyping with Paula when I was colouring it, so I may have gotten some good vibes from her! And what do ya think of those Miss Mint Scraplines tickets! Aren't they cute!!!!! I LOVE THEM!

Now for some exciting business!...The date has been set!

I'll be holding two classes again at Stamping Bella Saturday February 27th so if you are interested please contact the store and reserve your spot...I only show up...I don't take reservations...LOL! After a hiatus over the holidays I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and hopefully some new ones!

Later....Linda!

7 comments:

Rachael said...

This is SO cute! I love the stamp, the layout, the colors you used, the papers you chose, the embellishments you added, just EVERYTHING! You did a fantastic job on this!

Amy Sheffer said...

Cute, cute, cute! Incredible coloring as always! I SOOOOO want to come to one of your classes. It's a little far for me (coming from Virginia), but I'm thinking a trip to Niagara Falls and Toronto should be in my family's future, with a Stamping Bella side-trip for me, of course :) Not in February, though! Brrrr!!

Danisha said...

I agree with the other two, very cute card. I would also love to come to a class, why don't you come to the New Jersey

Linda Carson said...

adorable!! I too wish I could take one of your classes. Do you have relatives in Arkansas you need to visit??

Cindy H. said...

Really cute!! I just love looking at your coloring - you're so fabulous at it.

paula tracy williamson said...

silly me, i thought i commented on this already....oh wait..i do remember that I commented to myself, NOT out loud to you..{haha, you know what I said don't you?} I have yet to use this paper and I MUST, I don't have this stamp...gotta order it and oh, if I had a book to jot this all down in.... oh, guess I will make one!

Muckyfingers said...

Gorgeous card. Love it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails