Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm baaa-ack!

hold on....don't get toooooo excited! I'm only part time for now but I'm soooo excited to be colouring again! It is a challenge...somewhat painful and I HAVE to take it slow to allow plenty of time to stretch my hand before it really starts to cramp bad, but it still works!!!! and i'm colouring again and it makes me soooooooo happy! I've missed my markers and pencils more than you know!


I thought this week's challenge was the perfect time to try and jump in because the theme was a bella or a stella...nice and easy...i can do that! Like Jeannie, I LOVE Stella and I just happened to have one that had not seen ink yet....shocking...i think she is the ONLY one. This is Stella has her fix and I think she is drinking coffee...but i'll fess up, if this were me she would be holding a big fat wine glass in her left hand while icing the thumb on her right hand! I do like a coffee, but one or maybe two a day is all the coffee fix I can handle.

For you copic fans, these are the markers I used (but I did add some extra shading with prismacolor pencils):
E0000, 000, 00, 11, 13, 17, 18
E95, 97, 99, 42, 43, 44
Y00, 11, YR01, 02, 68
YG11, 06, R20, 24, 27, 29

Monday I may NEED the extra coffee fix to keep me going because I'm starting back to work on 3-4 hours a day, increasing by one hour a day until I work myself up to a full day again. I'll fess up, I'm a bit scared! I'm a programmer and work on a computer ALLLLL DAY and for the last couple months I have sent emails from time to time and the occasional blog post, but certainly not worked on a keyboard for any length of time! Quite honestly I have not done ANYTHING for any length of time since the accident except for watch the Today Show, Ellen, Rachael Ray and HGTV! Pretty sad eh! At least I did not get hooked on daytime soap opera's!

Thinking of the Today Show I did get to NYC last week because it was our last scheduled Dave Matthews concert of the season. However, once he said he would not be touring in 2011 and announced his last U.S. concert in Chicago we quickly put in our request for tickets so Chicago in September here we come!

Here is a pic from our second night of Dave at Citi Field in New York....we had VIP seats this night so we were pretty close, well as close as you get when you are at a ball diamond! grrrrrrr....I much prefer outdoor amphitheaters to sports venues....just sayin...


We spent 4 days in NYC and OMG........IT WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!! like DREADFULLY HOT! but since I have never been there I just sucked it up, bought a hair band (and other stuff {smiles})at J Crew, nixed any and all makeup and made the best of it! I will say that when we got back to our room the first thing I did was dunk my swollen thumb and wrist into a bucket of ice!

We walked MILES and toured our butt's off and now I have a NYC bucket list of things I still need to do:
  • walk the Brooklyn bridge...weird I know, but it is truly an architectural masterpiece and I thought it was breathtaking!
  • be at the plaza to see Matt, Meredeth, Ann and Al on the Today Show
  • ride a bike through Central Park
The food lovers we are, Mark did some research before we left and we ate at some AMAZING restaurants including
  • Lombardi's (in Little Italy, established as the first pizzaria in America)
  • Gotham Bar and Grill (totally upscale but not stuffy)
  • 2nd Ave Deli (recommended to us by a friendly Jewish resident who told us not to go to Katz!...I owe him!)
  • Lupa (an amazing Italian Restaurant.....yummmmmmmmmmm!)

Finally, before I hit the pillow, these are some of my fav pics/places from NYC

the metropolitan museum of art, apparently Picasso was into art journalling before it was a fad!


statue of liberty...I only saw her from the ferry, and it was a hazy day but she is absolutely beautiful!


Chinatown...I LOVE cultural neighborhoods!


NYC from the top of the Empire State building at night. I'm a quiet sort of person, not much for being in crowds and noise and it was absolutely surreal up here. everyone was so quiet, concentrating on taking a still picture at night, you didn't hear the sounds of the city and I'm sure you could have heard a pin drop. I really LOVED it up here!


That's about it for today folks...join us next week for our next challenge...Christmas in July....ACK!...I don't know 'bout you, but I have not even thought about Christmas yet...I still have not had a chance to enjoy summer!

20 comments:

Kerry said...

Glad you're back Linda :-D Love the card...Stella's are my fave!I'm planning a girly trip to NY for my 50th (3 1/2 years to go ugh!) so seeing your pictures has me making notes of places to go and restaurants to induldge. xx

sueincanada said...

So glad to see you back and your colouring looks wonderful. Great New York pictures too. Good luck for work on Monday.

Allison Cope said...

Welcome back Linda! Good to see you're up and colouring again! Fabulous card! Take it easy! Can't wait to see more card creations! Gorgeous photos!

Unknown said...

Hi Linda!

So happy you're back! Your colouring looks stunning!

Hugs,
Renata

Karen Motz said...

Welcome BACCCCCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!! It's so great to see your creations again...gorgeous as always!!! Take it easy at work next week...don't want to strain your hand cuz you need it for colouring! LOL!!

dolcreations said...

So glad to see you back again and creating. Your card is perfect! Beautiful as always! Great New York pictures!

Cindy H. said...

Yay!! So glad you're back:) Love your adorable card and your gorgeous coloring. I echo what Karen said about not working too hard so you will still be able to color:) Love the NYC photos, too.

Jane Wetzel said...

hugs to you Linda! take it slow...glad to see u comin back! love to adore your blog! :)

Becky said...

So glad you are back Linda..Fabulous card and fabulous coloring. Thanks for the pictures and places to go if I ever make back to NY

Crafty Cath said...

Soooo glad to see you back again! Your card is lovely and looks like you never missed a beat. I'm sure it feels fabulous to have the creative juices flowing! Your reluctance to return to work is understandable - take it slow and good luck.

Tammy said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad your back....I have missed seeing your fabulous coloring. Hope that you are back to 100% here very soon! Welcome back. Oh and what an awesome comeback card. LOVE IT!!!

Art Crafting in the Beach said...

I love the card and pictures. Broken hand or not you color so beautiful. NYC is beautiful at least what I remember from when I was 12. Thanks for the post.

dpkennedy said...

Welcome back Linda! Take it easy girl and heal completely! I'm glad you loved NYC...it is hot right now, with tomorrow headed towards are record breaker high! There is so much to see and do you can never get tired of visiting! Love your Stella card-your coloring skills are still amazing!

Linda Carson said...

Yea! So exciting to see your artwork again!! You haven't lost your golden touch!

Nic aka The Sticky Elf said...

Wow, so glad you're back. Can only imagine how difficult the last few months have been. Can't wait to see the next creations.

I love NYC. I wanted to go up the empire state building at night too, but the cost of doing it twice is a bit unreal. Maybe next time I make it across the pond!

Good luck for work. I'm sure you'll love being back even though it is work.
Nxx

Candy said...

It is so great to see you back in action. Hopefully you will be able to make it through this last hurdle without any major discomfort.

Margo said...

Nice to see you creating again - I love your work!

wondering which nestability you used for the orange mat on your card - I MUST have it!!

Dana White said...

YEAH! It's so nice to see you're back - don't over use that wing my friend!

Shelly said...

Welcome back! I love your creations and it's a treat to have you coloring again! Take it easy with work...I can't even imagine what a challenge it will be. We take the use our our hands and fingers for granted.

paula tracy williamson said...

WELCOME HOME SISTAH!!!! oh, those pictures make my heart ache...can i tell you that. I wanna be there in NYC soooo bad. It probably was better if i'd never gone then I would not know what I missing. Those photos are freaking amazing and your card ain't bad either!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails