Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Christmas card of the week - I even love the box

...and I even found a new LOVE for paper piecing!

In case you didn't know, it takes me FOREVER to color a card...especially a Mo because they are larger images and filled with subtle details that I like to attempt to capture with my trusty markers and pencils. This is a rubber Mo available at Stamping Bella called I even LOVE the box and he is 3.23" square but even if you bought him digi from Mo, and made him any smaller it would be a nightmare to color. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...just sayin' I take a long time to color them.....and there IS a point to all of this!

So, I've been coloring for maybe an hour or more and I have everything done but the wrapping paper...and i'm trying to decide what color to make it and I screwed up...like totally picked the wrong color and it was hurting my eyes it was soooooo wrong! OMG...so I pour another cup of coffee and mull over it for a while. Decide I'm gonna try to color over it with something else...well I made mud! So I reheat my coffee cause it cooled off while I was trying to fix my mistake and then thought PAPER PIECING! I can paper piece that wrapping paper and cover up the mud! So that is what I did! I took a subtle green patterned paper and paper pieced that sucker and the tag. Of course I added shading even over the DP because that makes your paper piecing look all the better! Whew...a Mo salvaged and my precious time wasn't wasted!


These are the copics I used:
E0000, 000, 00, 11, R20
R22, 24, E07, 09 (hat)
G20, 40, 12 (bow, shaded with kelp green pencil)
E40, 42, 43, 44 (box...some shading added with pencil)
YG91, 93, 95, E13, 17 (sleepers, shaded with kelp green)
COO, 0, 1 (fur on hat)
W00, 4 (misc? they were on the table! not sure where I used them!)
I used kelp green pencil and some espresso for shading the wrapping paper
and finally, shading around the image was done with varying shades of french grey.

I gotta say, I was pretty pleased with the result and no one will EVER know that I covered up a mistake cause that paper piecing is COMPLETELY glued down with my Coccoina Adhesive Glue Stick. Do you have that stuff...OMG...it smells so good you will want to eat it. Every time I pull it out I trott it around the house and make everyone take a sniff...except the dog of course, cause she would probably lick it! Ya, my family thinks I am pretty weird but they put up with me cause I cook them supper every day.

Till next time ladies! Don't forget...it is a school days theme this week (or happy dance works too) and there is still time to play!

22 comments:

Marit C said...

It's absolutely lovely, can't see any mistakes at all!

I would love to color the way you can!

http://maritsblog.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs,
Renata

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Linda! You know I didn't even notice your paper piecing when I first looked at your card, until I read your post! It blended it so perfectly!

chrissy xx said...

It really is Gorgeous.
Chrissyxx

sueincanada said...

Looks wonderful and that is such a cute image.

Denimo said...

Beautiful Linda! LOVE it!! And thanks for sharing that you also make mistakes that end up just fine. :)

Becky said...

What a fabulous card, adorable image and awesome coloring.

Janette said...

Oh it's just soooo fabulous....and your paper piecing is spot on.xx

Donna Marie said...

Wow, amazing save! The result sure makes the effort worth while.

Cindy H. said...

Linda, this is sooo darn cute!! I love your paper-piecing and your coloring is always so gorgeous so I always pay attention to what you write. Since I purchased this little cutie, among other Mo's, I'll be refering back here when I give it a go:) tfs

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

YOur coloring is so amazing. I can only hope someday I will be 1/2 as good as you!

CraftyC said...

Stunning card Linda. The image is so beautifully coloured (paper piecing included). You have a lovely blog!
Clairex

Meahni Pieterse said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Linda. It is clear you spend hours colouring and it makes it all worth it!

Dana White said...

This is why your cards are you stunning you have an artists eye & are willing to spend so much time colouring!! I LOVE paper piecing; I can't believe you are just realizing how fantastic it is!!

Linda Carson said...

Oh now the truth comes out...you're a closet adhesive sniffer!! Great save on the card Linda! Your work is always so creative!

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! Linda, your coloring is stunning! I am so glad you commented on my blog and I trotted on over here. You are a coloring inspiration for sure and your stitching? SHUT UP! Perfection!! Hugs,

Linda said...

Oh my gosh he looks adorable Linda. Your colouring is sooooo awesome and great salvage on the wrapping paper...looks brilliant. So glad to see you colouring again....hope your hand is holding up to it.

Kerri said...

love the card as always..your work is well awesome...can't wait to learn from ya!!! thks also for listing your color with the cards that helps me lots!!

Niki Estes said...

Linda, this is so cute! Your coloring is just amazing!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Wowzer.....you aced this one....what a cute image and as usual your colouring is over the top.

paula tracy williamson said...

i hate u

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails