Monday, September 27, 2010

Christmas card of the week - it's a PEEP!

I'm home from Bellaland and had a wonderous two days there! Hung out with Em and Helen on Saturday and while Paula talked the ears off her students we did a bit of shopping. Nothing exciting...a kitchen supply store where I ONLY came out with a new instant read meat thermometer and DeSerres Art/Craft supply where I ONLY came out with a couple tiny stumps. Now I will say I did NOT show that much restraint at Stamping Bella! LOL!...I came home with every new stamp from the latest release and a few sheets of the Echo Park paper.

While I showed restraint in the kitchen supply store, Emily showed great restraint with her Jenny Craig commitment! I was sooooo proud of her and I don't know if I could have done it! While Paula and I were inhaling Greek food, Jim and Ryan enjoyed a pizza and Emily had this most delish looking meal of salad and steamed veggies topped with a Jenny Craig entre. I'm originally from Windsor, and it is a very multicultural city. One thing I learned there is that I think Greeks make better pizza than Italians! I soooo wanted a piece of that pizza! But that was where I showed my restraint, eat my chicken souvlaki and be satisfied being satisfied!

After dinner the 'boys' watched a movie with the volume too loud while us girls coloured, okay, I only coloured a 'little' bit, but spent a good chunk of time organizing Emily's markers! We found doubles, we found missmatched lids, we even found lids for colors of markers she doesn't even own! Like what's with that! I'm totally OCD about the organization of my markers! You can be certain that the next time I go I WILL be checking in on that basket of hers to see if it is still in order!

My classes were wonderful and I hope the students had as much fun as I did! I saw some old faces and met some new ones and the classes were a bit smaller this time which gave me lots of time to demo at each table and meet and greet everyone. I really had a good time and made it home safely while rocking to Dave on my 3 hour drive home! Gotta luv Dave!

On to my Christmas Card of the Week! I didn't work today and made it this afternoon after lunching with Paulineabella at our local almost-Thai restaurant, Rice and Noodle. The lack of multiculturalism in Chatham is what I miss most about Windsor...but moving on...beforeI get carried away. Meet the Christmas PEEPS! Because these peeps are so small, I kept the card really simple and paper pieced the tree with a piece of green from the new Basic Grey Oliver paper pad and use a sheet from the same pack for the background.


I stamped them on Bella's Bestest Paper and coloured with my copic markers. Not a lot of colouring on these little guys, but these are the markers I used:
E00, 11, B95, 97, R24, 27, Y19, CO, 1
E42, 43, 44, B0000, and a special blend of a colourless marker with several drops of B00 added to it...a VERY VERY light shade of 'B'.

To finish it off I added some shading to the tree with a Kelp green pencil....seriously....you should ALWAYS shade your paper piecing because it will look sooooo much better, bella dots for the ornaments, some liquid applique for grounding with glitter sprinkled on top and just a bit of machine stitching. I'm now thinking about the star...hmph...what was I thinking! Will add some glitter there too before this gem goes out in the mail this coming December.

Coming up this week! My verdict on X-Press IT Blending Card! Yes I have it, yes I tried it and you'll get my opinion of it later this week. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Rosanne said...

Thanks for a great class Linda! I really enjoyed it. And gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

Cutest card evah!!! Hey, I need to know now about the X-press It paper as I took a Copic Class yesterday and she said it was the best to buy for my colouring!!!! Spill girlfriend!!!

Welcome! said...

This card is just perfect! I love the 3D snow and of course the colouring!!! Great dp too! Looking forward to your next class at the Pickle!

Pauline said...

Super job on this card. Love how you paper pieced the tree. So pencil shade the paper piecing - hmmm who would of thought, I will have to try that.
Lunch was great!

Susie said...

Very nice card. And, I learned something new. I had not heard of shading paper when piecing either. Thank you.

Dana White said...

I'm so jealous you were at Bellaland & have this fresh peeps! Awesome card

sueincanada said...

Very cute card. I too must try shading a paper piecing.

Cindy H. said...

Adorable!! Gorgeous colors and I love the dp bg. tfs

Linda Carson said...

Oh I love that stamp! Beautifully done....as usual...!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails