Friday, September 3, 2010

Going Animal!

Since animals was the challenge this week I took it as opportunity to make ANOTHER Christmas Card! How are you liking this early Christmas blitz anyhow? I'm hoping to post a xmas card a week for the next three months...what do ya think? yes? no?....not that it matters cause I really need to get a head start on these cards so my post a week plan will allow me to get 'em done, and also give you a jump start if you see something you like so you can get yourself some bella goodness before the rush is on. Personally, I think it is a win win for everyone!

So today I bring you The Choir, an image from the uber talented Christy Croll Tidly Ink series and paired it up with Basic Grey Wassail in a 6x6 pad that I picked up in Novi. I don't know about you, but I seriously LOVE 6x6 pads of paper for cards! The scale is perfect! Give me Basic Grey, KaiserCraft or Memory Box and I think I could be satisfied! Oh, don't let me forget Cosmo Cricket....LOVE them too! Wish all my fav companies would make 6x6 pads for us card makers.


As always, (wish I had a disclaimer for this)...the choir was stamped on bella's bestest paper with Brilliance ink, coloured with copic markers with shading done with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. For this image the animals were done completely with markers and I only used pencils for shading around the image and the grounding. There are VERY tiny spaces in here and I always find the tiny areas easier to do with markers alone.

These are the markers I used, and there are LOTS of colours but don't be discouraged...there are just lots of animals in this image!

B41, 52, 14, G40, 82, 94,
BG93, 96, 99
R20, 22, 24, 27, E07, 09
Y32, 38, 26, 28 YR65, 68
E50, 51, 53, 31, 41, 42, 43, 44, 49
C00, 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9
W0, 1, 3, 5

Now did ya all give a big warm welcome to our new Babes! I can't wait to see what they post today and I think I'm gonna do that right now...well after I tell you about next weeks challenge...It's all about back to school and whatever back to school means to you. For those with kidlets at home they should be heading back to school next week and that means mamma has plenty more time to stamp right? Are you doing the happy dance? I know I am!

Till next time...Linda.

8 comments:

paula tracy williamson said...

LOVE the paper and the choir and that you are gonna do all your cards before the holidays approach! HAHAHA This is amazing!

Dana White said...

YEAH someone else working on their Christmas cards early - of course I need over 100 so I will still be behind! So cute love this image - must ink it up one of these days!

Janette said...

Oh wow that paper...so yummy, of course I LOVE the image and colouring...fab card.xx

Crafty Cath said...

You stinker, I just added that image to my current Bella order, now I'll have to wait forever to post it. Hmph! Love the idea of a Christmas card a week. Good luck with it though, sounds more like a New Year's resolution that won't stick! Love your papers and your coloring is just darn awesome!

Welcome! said...

Love this Linda! Those papers are to die for and so is your colouring!!!

Pauline said...

Love this card Linda. Awesome coloring and layout as always. Not a bad idea doing a Christmas card a week, at that rate you will have them all done! Just might need to get on that myself.

Anonymous said...

I think I need to work on Xmas cards as the ones I am seeing are too cute! This is freakin' darling girl!

Cindy H. said...

Oh so cute!! I'm chuckling after zooming in to see that each of these cuties are singing from different Christmas Carol books - too funny:) tfs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails