Friday, September 17, 2010

Who Me? Bellarific Friday and Christmas card of the week

I'll admit, when it is my turn to come up with a sketch, I usually have the card envisioned in my head and just translate that vision into a sketch so it is pretty easy when it comes to making my card. Unless, however, the vision in my head turns out to be garbage when I put it into practice!

Hopefully this time, you think all worked out well! I used Mo's Who Me image available in rubber from Stamping Bella. One nice thing about using rubber is that you don't have to try and guess how big or small to make the image and print out several samples before you decide cause that decision has already been made for ya so it is just stamp and go! There is something about rubber that I just LOVE!


Again I used Memento Ink and Bella's BESTEST paper and coloured with the following copic markers. Lots of E's here! I didn't write down the pencils I used, but likely just some light and dark umber for shading on his clothes and maybe deco blue and mediterranean blue for the sky (i use those a lot!)
E0000, 000, 00, 11, R20
E41, 41, 42, 43, 44, 50, 51, 53, 33
E13, 17, 19, W1, 3, 5, C0, 1

I finished it off with some Basic Grey paper, ribbon and charm from the stash and a cute little let it snow sentiment. For some reason I have this 'thing' that I like to have sentiments on the front of my Christmas cards....don't ask! I don't know!

One thing I do know is that Emily is offering 10% off your entire order for Tantalizing Toosday and the code is toosday0914...and you just might wanna go check out this post...she has some personal news to share!

For those who play along in our challenges and anybody else who wants to be part of our crazy group, get out that sewing machine or piercing tool cause next week it is FAUX OR SEW! Yup...easssssyyyyyyy...use actual or faux sewing on your card, submit to Emily by Thursday and you will be entered in Friday's challenge.

That's it for today folks! I'm writing this post Thursday night and I got this nasty annoying ringing in my ears going on and I just want to fall asleep so I don't hear it for a few hours! Any advice?????

21 comments:

petra,s cards said...

wauw het is prachtig!!!!
schitterend gekleurd.
xx petra

Debs said...

Great card you are soooo talented.
I have brought a pillow from Argos that you can plug your MP3 player in, I have it really low with some relaxing music, just enough to drown out the ringing, works for me about 75%of the time,
Hugs

Pauline said...

Another Amazing card! He looks so real standing there. And yes, love your layout this week, it worked perfectly for me.

Kos med papir og saks said...

gorgeous. love it.

Jane Wetzel said...

hi there Linda- THIS is gorgeous..wow...you are amazing! :)

Karen Motz said...

WOWZERS!!! STUUUUUUUUNING as usual!!!!!

Dana White said...

Linda this is stunning & I love the sketch you created for us! Hope the ringing stops; sadly when I get ringing in my ear it leads to a migraine

Betty said...

Very pretty. And I totally agree with you. It's got to be RUBBER. Otherwise it's clip art you are coloring not stamping. At least that's MHO.

Amanda R said...

Hey Linda! Love your card, your coloring always makes me drool in envy (not literally, that would be kinda gross!) Anyways, the ringing in your ears is probably something called tinnitus, usually due to a sinus or ear infection. There are other causes so if it doesn't resolve in a couple of days you should see your md to have him examine inside your ear.

Shelby Goolsby said...

Beautiful coloring as always. I love the warm colors that you used.

dpkennedy said...

Great sketch Linda! Love that Wassail paper too-just gorgeous!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Linda. Love the stamp and he's coloured beautifully!
Clairexx

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT artwork! I only had ringing ear once. I prayed about it and it quit! Thank you Lord!

Olga V. said...

Linda, you're the best artist I've seen so far! The card is amazing, and I'm so happy I can follow your blog now :-) (created my own a few days ago just to keep an eye on my favourite artists' blogs all in one place). Thank you for being such a huge inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I am with you and the sentiments. My card today didn't have one (didn't really have anything to go with it) and it feels naked, not done! I totally agree and need something on the front! Love this one by the way!

craftyb said...

beautiful colouring...fab card! bx

paula tracy williamson said...

my advice was to lay off the DMB concerts...but ya won't listen! {oh, yeah, you get a break next year!lol} Now, on the subject of your card... I will take an oath of silence and not speak loudly the name I have for u!

Crafty Cath said...

I loved, loved, loved this sketch! It was so well layed out that you had to have a well embellished card when done. As for yours - WOW. You sure can color girl! Another image (still in it's package) will be relegated to the back of my file until everyone hopefully forgets yours. ACK!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Masterpiece again! Linda your work is always stunning.....your colouring is over the top and always add just the right amount of embellishments.

Michele Boyer said...

Your coloring always just makes me sigh. It's so gorgeous. And that IS a great layout! :)

Cindy Major said...

Love it!!

Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails