Monday, September 5, 2011

AJ Monday - Tag it!

Our challenge this week was to use a tag on our page...one tage, several tags, make a tag, use a ready made tag.....just tag it!

I once again was inspired by Roben-Marie and decorated my tag using LOTS of layers of paint, gesso and sprays. And shock of shocks I even wrote a little bit about my day on the back of that tag. Now there is a first!


Again LOTS of layers of paint, sprays and gesso on the page which I overstamped with "I AM" script, now don't look close, I accidentally stamped it upside down. BUT if you do look closely you might even see some ECLECTIC music notes on there to the left of the script.

I was just going to glue my tag in place, but after writing on the back of it I needed somewhere to keep it so I could pull it out and read it later so I created a library pocket and stamped it with YOUR BOOK IS DUE. I was pretty impressed with that moment of genious! And it also helps when you have a TON of stamps in your stash to choose from.

Not sure what her challenge will be next week so I better be stalking the bella blog to see what everyone else came up with and start thinking about next weeks challenge.

Did you notice that my page is removed from my book? YUP, I took them all out because it is easier to work on a loose page and because I've wanted to do this for quite some time so I could cover the front and back with some pretty japanese papers. I really should have gesso'd it and painted it but I wasn't in the mood and now I don't have to look at the ugly blue Canson mixed media cover.

There are just a few blank pages left in there and once I have finished them I'll either slip them back into the original coil which I kept, I just bind it up with new one using my Zutter. Ya, I have all the toys!

1 comment:

CraftyViolet said...

Love it! ...as always. I didn't have time to make one this week - too busy working on a special mini-scrapbook (4")for my daughter's 40th birthday. I don't have all the supplies required for making great mixed media but it's fun to play!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails