Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mixed Media is pouring onto my cards

If anyone inspires me, it's Emily, if anyone enables me, that would also be Emily. But only in the BEST of BESTEST of ways! I think it has been a year that she has tried to introduce me to Art Journaling and Mixed Media and I resisted at first and now I'm TOTALLY ADDICTED....LIKE TOTALLY!

So for this card I thought I'd AGAIN let mixed media (MM as we call it) show it's face and I think that MM backgrounds make the perfect backdrop for Stamping Bella's new Three Sister stamps. What do ya think?

When I made the last Vintage Hi Wheel card hubby commented that he liked it so I'm keeping this one under wraps for his 50th birthday in a few weeks. Will he find out, not likely! I don't think he reads my blog unless I tell him to.....so shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you happened to come by the Stamping Bella booth on Day 1 of Scrapfest you may have seen it...however, I did keep it under plastic so it would be in pristine condition when I brought it home and then I forgot it in my hotel room the next two days.

I used a blend of adirondak sprays, gesso and Crafter's Workshop tiny tiles stencil to create the background. Then I stamped the bike in black stazon and used some Faber Castel Pitt Big Brush pens for some subtle shading as well as the red on the seat and handles. I'm pretty pleased with this one...okay, I'll fess up, I'm REALLY pleased with this one! Hope the hubster likes it!

Next week our challenge will be popping all over the place. That means you have to POP IT UP and use dimension on your card. Hmmmm....willl I play it safe and use a foam dimensional dot, or MAYBE do something more adventurous!!!!!

Time will tell!

12 comments:

Dana White said...

This is stunning!!

yvon said...

This is gorgeous, looks just like a painting by someone famous.
Hugs, Yvon

Ebru Vatansever said...

Beautiful card Linda !!

Denimo said...

Ah Linda... this is just beautiful!! Great colors and so very classy looking. I'm sure your hubby will be so very pleased with it! Great job!
Hugs,
Denise

stamping bella said...

Don't forget to put it back into the plastic!!!

Regan said...

amaze-balls!!!

Cindy H. said...

Wow, this needs to go in a frame after he receives it!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OK, now you might have roped me in.... I'm TOTALLY going home tonight and trying something different with my "Friends United" stamp! This is beautiful, Linda.... your hubby will love it! (And he reads your blog? Mine doesn't even know how to turn on the computer!)

Linda Carson said...

OUTSTANDING artwork!

Tracy Valure said...

I think it is beautiful! I love the background and how the stamp looks on it. Great shading too! Btw - YOU have inspired me to start doing a little mixed media! I have been admiring your MM pages the last few weeks, they are just beautiful. So I finally sat down and made a couple things the other night. Loving it! So different then coloring images with copics and pencils. So relaxing!
Hugs,
Tracy V

jroffel said...

Absolutely love !!!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

So glad Emily persisted in introducing you to mm, Linda 'cause you are AMAZING. I so love your way with color. I have "skulked" around your blog for many moons and I just sigh. If I want to copy pencils, I go to Paula, but if I want to copy the vibrant color and depth of copics, there is none like you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails