Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm just resurfacing!

after Scrapfest! and I was only there for the day!

Christine Dol, a show newbie, might not come out of hiding for weeks after holding down the fort at the make and take table for two days! LOL!!!!! Her and Emily were doing FAB little samples with with Koi Markers, sprays, stencils and stamps. Of couse I made one, then of course I had to buy the markers! If it comes in a little tube and has a brush tip, I gotta have it. I also scored a entire set of the new distress markers. A pretty good day I would say!

Paula spent the weekend here and I even made her desert for Friday night. She might not know this, but that is a BIG DEAL for me because the last time I made desert might have been back in the 90's!  This was just 3 ingredients, my speed...however if you asked me to make beef bourguignon I'd be all over it. See I like to cook, but I don't like to bake. This is what I made, and it was a hit!

Skor Bar Squares

1 box Ritz crackers (225gr) crushed fine
1 bag skor chips (or Heath for US Residents)
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk

-combine all ingredients, spread in a 8x8 pan sprayed with non-stick spray
-bake at 350 for 25-30 mins until they start to brown on top.

I have something else to share! A card made with the dress form in Stamping Bella's funky barcode set. Since I have been watching Tim's Creative Chemistry 101 classes, AND seeing Paula's latest cards, I was determined to use something from this set.


This week's sketch even worked out well for me because I got to use some of the new metal findings I picked up at Scrapfest. Other product used:

distress ink - peeled paint, pine needles, brushed corduroy
stamping up punch
cosmo cricket paper (an oldie!)
wide ribbon from a local fabric store
brown embossing powder (yes that dress form is all embossed and shiney!)
the sentiment comes from the same funky barcode set.

Remember that challenge we had for spring showers....well it is time to BRING ON THE FLOWERS! Use a Stamping Bella Stamp, pick a flower image, flower paper, or a flower embellishment and get busy! Email your finished card to emily@stampingbella.com, or upload to our SCS gallery to be eligible to win some bucks. We ALL love a good flower image and with some new ones to choose from and MANY old ones in my stash I will certainly be decision impaired! 

till next time, Linda

4 comments:

Dana White said...

So I can look forward to you showing me the KOI markers and the distress markers and then I'll want them!
LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with this set - I think I might have to add it to my collection now

dolcreations said...

Your card is gorgeous Linda ! You know I am one of your biggest fans with your work!
Thank-you so much to you and Paula for giving Emily and I a break to do some shopping!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Gorgeous Card Linda !! You are one amazing Artist :D

Sandy said...

Wonderful design and beautiful. You lucky lady with all your new coloring tools!
sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails