Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tim inspired

Me, along with about 5 billion other people probably have just finished taking Tim Holtz's first ever online class. Many of the techniques I have seen and even done before, but a refresher never hurts. And I have a whole new appreciation for my 'large' supply of glossy paper.

Do you know how smooth and silky distress inks apply to that paper? well just look below.


In his technique he used archival inks with distress, but I only have black so attempted to use Versafine, then regular dye inks and neither gave the results he achieved. Note to self: get some archival inks in various bright colours!

I used a variety of Stamping bella stamps here for my background, as well as my focal image:


I must say of all the stamps I own, these are among my most FAV because of their versatility. Did I say LOVE...I don't think I did...I LOVE these stamps.

The background paper was also 'hand made' by me...well, not the actual paper...it is kind of a tissue like paper that was dyed with various concentrations of andirondak sprays, stencils, stamps and H2o paints. I made it in a class that I took with Fred B Mullett several years ago. If you ever get a chance to take one of his classes...JUST DO IT...he is genious!

That's it for today, be back later this week with something more conventional....but in the meantime, embrase the technique and as Tim says, enjoy the journey!

Linda

 

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous! Love all your layers of images.

Ann said...

This is really beautiful! I'm going to have to take a look at the stamps you mentioned. :)

Bren said...

quite lovely Linda. I must really check out his on line class. Looks like it could be fun. Thank you as always for taking the time and effort to share with us. :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful

LauraJane:) said...

Your card is beautiful Linda!

Karen said...

Gorgeous! This card just sings! I looked at that background paper and thought it looked like Fred Mullett style, then I read your description! It's really cool. If all goes well, I am going to his classes this spring and I just can't wait.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails