Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday morning coffee...and class sneak peek

Actually I've been up since 6:30 and it feels more like a late morning coffee....where did the last three+ hours go? Well....mostly I've been reorganizing my marker storage....NOT the beloved copic storage, that is still working for me, but my mixed media marker storage...those new faber-castell pitt pens, paint brushes new and old and even some resurrected ranger Adirondack markers and Sakura glaze pens that have found a new use on canvas got dusted off.

Yesterday Paulineabella and I spent the day with Paulabella and her BFF Mary.....OH it's been a while since we just got to get together like that with no agenda except to do a bit of shopping and then PLAY...Pauline coloured while Paula and I got inky on canvas. OMG...you should see what she was working on...it was AMAZING...so bright and cheery, while mine had a much darker background....and apparantly, according to Paula, I make much more of a mess than she does....however....I do clean up my stencils (and hers) while she just lets them build up with inky love. I don't know if I'm quite there yet in the process of letting totally loose.

On to the real reason why you stopped by....for the local gals, if you don't know by now I'm teaching at Pickle on May 7th from 1-3pm....a Saturday, remember...I have a day job! Now Kim told me there was amazing response and you (even I) didn't even know what I was gonna colour yet...thanks for the faith. So here is sneak peek no.1....Kissy by Mo Manning, available in rubber at Stamping Bella and locally at Pickle.



Start collecting your markers and pencils because this is what we will be using for this image:

copics:
E0000, 000, 00, 11, 33, 35
R20, 22, Y15
RV63, 55, 66 *NEW COLOURS
G82, YG67
CO, 1, 3

pencils:
dark purple, dark umber, burnt ochre, lt cerrulean blue
french grey 30% and 70%, white

*if you don't have the new colours you can substitue R81, 83, 85 but your dress will be much pinker

other products I used:
versamagic wheat, pixie dust perfect plumeria
punch is martha stewart...any punch can be used
liquid applique
glitter

Now don't forget about our challenge this Friday over at Blogabella... ANYTHING GOES, just use a bella image. Oh ya...I see that I got a few new subscribers in the last couple days....where have you ladies been all this time! LOL!. just kidding....I hope you and everyone else can find inspiration here! Thanks for dropping by.

Later, Linda (off to Walmart!...hope I don't get blown into a corn field on the way there...it is WINDY!)

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Gorgeous and I wish i could pop into your class! :(

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is amazing.

Shirley said...

She is just too sweet and the card is so pretty!

Caroline said...

Beautiful card!! So jealous!! Wish I could attend your class :-( Maybe.....one day......you could post a video of your copic and pencil techniques? Can't wait to see the other sneak peeks!!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Linda,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Leslie said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!! You do such a good job with the 'blue' shading around the sides!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails