Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Glittering Technique

This is a special post for Leslie and fella babe Karen who want to know how I do my glittering 'technique'. I'll openly admit here that I sort of smiled when I read it because it really isn't a technique, there is no special secret to it and when they see this I'm sure they are gonna look at each other, squirrel up their faces and say..."that's ALL she does"...heheheh...but I am quite tickled that it looks so impressive! Remember gals, if it ain't easy, I ain't doin' it...the ONLY exception might be for a really special card for a blood relative!

So here goes....

let's assume this stella is all colored up with the medium of your choice





see those red dots...I use a Quickie glue pen, make sure it running nice and smooth and 'dot' glue where you see all those red dots. The solid red is where I applied lots of dots to fill in the space. Then I use loose glitter. Either Glamour Dust, or any of the other colored glitter that Stamping Bella sells. You can find those here, or here. Most often though I use clear glitter like the Glamour Dust, or sometimes Hero Arts.





And there ya go! All nice and glittery!





Now don't forget about the Bellarific challenge this week. Gold and bling are the rules! For the challenge pic you can check out Emily's blog here.


And if you have a question, don't be shy (although, i'll admit, i AM quite shy myself) and post it in the chat box. What I really like about the chat box is that it is quick and easy and I can check it and post answers to it from any computer as long as I can get to my blog and I don't have to sign on to email!!! Gotta love the internet!

8 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Ahhhh!! It's the DOTS! I just squish and schmear the stickles all over. The dotting is the trick I think. Thanks, sistah!

Crafty Cath said...

Great tutorial! You have brought clarity - simply! Thanks for sharing.

April said...

I was wondering how that worked. It always adds just enough sparkle. Luckily I have some Glamour dust coming. Yeah!!! Thanks for sharing.

Cindy H. said...

Great cards!! Fantabulous coloring, as always!

Chris said...

She looks fabulous! And just the right amount of sparkle! :) Thanks for sharing your secret.

dpkennedy said...

Thanks for sharing!! Hmmm...Glamour Dust...need to check that out!

Ann said...

Looks like it was a great class; all the cards are wonderful!

Leslie said...

HOW is it possible I never saw or commented on this?! I have looked and looked and zoomed and inspected all your glitterfied cards and think I have it perfected now. Well, not quite perfect but as good as I'm gonna get!! :) Thanks for this mini tutorial!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails