Monday, May 25, 2009

Last Weeks Challenge

Hi Everyone...things aren't settling down for me yet, actually they just got a bit worse today because my girl, Bessie tore a ligament in her knee and it looks like she will need surgery. Now the girl would be my dog...the kids are affectionately referred to as the boys. She is pretty unhappy because she is unable to tear around like she usually does, as am I because I have to leave for Hamilton in the morning for work and won't be home until late Thursday. She'll get lots of TLC from hubs and the boys I'm sure, but it still makes me sad that it won't be me fussing her up. For those dog lovers out there, I'll keep you posted.

The real reason I am here is to show you my card from last weeks Bellarific Friday challenge. I chose Sunday dress for this card because I thought it would fit nicely with the sketch, but unfortunately it is discontinued. So let's pretend I used one of those funky purses instead, K? I coloured this one with pencils and gamsol and added liquid pearls as accents. I also pulled out my EK Success dotted scallop punch. This one is sooooo dainty and I can just tell I'll be putting it to good use. The image was cut with my spellbinders nesties and although they look more cocoa in the picture, the glass pearls are actually white. My camera is really challenged when it comes to taking pictures of blue subjects....either that, or I'm challenged because I'm not sure what setting I should use. LOL!

Since today is Monday Emily has posted this weeks challenge and it is another sketch challenge...YAY for us sketch challenged folk who need a little nudge in that area. I won't post it here on the blog, you'll just have to scoot on over to Em's blog and while you are there you can read up on what the other babe's have been up to.

Finally I've had a lot of questions lately and I haven't been neglecting you, I've just been a bit bogged down here. I'm hoping I'll have a free evening in my hotel room to write up a post and answer all of those looming questions so stay with me for a couple more days....thanks!

Now, I'm off to hug my fur baby!

4 comments:

dolcreations said...

This card is so cute. I have wanted to buy that stamp for so long...now its too late! DARN!
I love your card...great job!
Christine

Cindy H. said...

Such a sweet card!! Love the image and the dainty scalloped trim.

Sorry, about your sweet Bessie needing surgery.

Meahni said...

Also beautiful. So special and perfect for a little baby.

paula said...

This is just adorable!! That dress looks like you could just touch the fabric..U B the mastah!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails