Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A birthday challenge

Still trying to catch up here and I realized I had not posted my challenge card from last week! I was getting kind of nervous because Emily was late with her post and we were getting ready to leave on our trip so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to play along!


I cut out BEEday Huggabug with my circle nesties and offset the circles...I kinda like the way that looks! The Happy Bee-day sentiment comes along with the image and was cut with a spellbinders ribbon tag because I wanted to run the ribbon thru it. I think those tags are one of my fav's!

Because I was under a time crunch I decided to pull paper first and color second. That way I could save me the time of going thru my hundreds of sheets of paper looking for something to match. I've been doing that more lately, just because of the time saver. I colored the huggabug with copics, but shaded with pencils.

Thinking of pencils...have you seen that Emily is now carrying Lyra's in a set of 36! An affordable option for those who didn't want to fork out for the full 72 set! I have Prisma's and I have Lyra's...love the Prisma's but TREASURE the lyra's!!! So if you have been thinking of trying them out, this is the perfect set. She's also got some goodies on sale at some ROCK BOTTOM prices, so check those out too!

Tomorrow is another Bellarific Friday so don't forget to check out the blog and if you didn't get a chance to play along, you can still leave a comment for a chance at the peanut gallery bucks!

5 comments:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Simply gorgeous Linda......Colours are fabulous and so vibrant ..... love your choice. Thanks again for your help tonight.

Linda Carson said...

FABULOUS artwork w/fabulous colors

Cindy H. said...

Too cute!!

paula said...

OMG, these colors are super and fun!! I love the combo and it's just so perfect, as always, colored FAB!!

Gloria Sauve said...

Hi, Linda,
Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Your colouring is amazing and your sense of design is impeccable.
Thanks for inspiring me!!
Gloria
www.globugideas.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails