Friday, April 13, 2012

April Showers bring May SMILES!

Early April is a busy time for us here in Lindabellaland...our twin boys celebrate their birthdays, and 5 days later hubs and I celebrate our anniversary. And typically Easter falls right in there somewhere. We traditionally have a very Polish Easter weekend with ham, keilbassa, eggs, grated horseradish and beets (there is a name for it that has slipped my mind) and our BELOVED Polish Easter soup, White Barszez, google it and you'll find dozens of recipes...it is delish!

This year we had exams, work, plus a 90th birthday interrupt our Easter plans so hubby and I enjoyed Mom's FAB spinach pie and some of my signature greek dolmades (YES, mine are as good as you would get in any greek restaurant).

I didn't make Easter cards but I did make an Anniversary card for hubby and tried to multi-task to pick an image that would work with the Spring Showers challenge over at Blogabella. Hubby was on to me though and asked if his card would 'fit into a challenge' and I had to fess up and tell him as a matter of fact it did and I was using Uptown Gal Lucille to 'shower' him with love! LOL...we both got a good chuckle out of it!


Somehow my pic turned out much darker than it really is...so trust me, she is much prettier up close and personal. As always I stamped her on bella's BESTEST paper and coloured her with a blend of copic markers and prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.

Next week we are back to a sketch! YAY!
I know how WE all love them, so pull out one of the lovely bella stamps and play along.

Tomorrow I'll be at Kitchener's scrapfest along with Paula and Pauline so be sure to stop by Stamping Bella's booth because you will most likely see us hanging around there. Me thinks there may be some other babe's making an appearance as well!

6 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

Simply gorgeous my friend !!

Dianne said...

Love this card and the way you colored her. Wished I was in Ontario to take one of your classes.

Hugs,
Dianne

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Margo said...

beautiful colours and colouring!!

natashakara said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring always leaves me salivating! Love your card :)

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous - your papers are out of this world pretty!
Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails