Friday, April 27, 2012

Mixed Media Flowers

Just because they are called EM's mixed media FLOWERS does NOT mean they are meant to be used just for mixed media. Us card lovers can use them too and this is what I created.


I stamped these BEAUTIES on some hot press watercolour paper (I prefer the smooth texture of hot press!) and 'painted' them up with my Tombow markers. I say 'sort of' painted because it wasn't really traditional painting. I added marker directly to my paper and with a wet paintbrush pulled out and blended the colours. If you want to add more depth, let it dry and then add more. It is important to let it dry between layers. After cutting it out I decided it was so pretty and bold I just wanted to mount it on a plain white background and let my work of art steal the show. Before mounting it, I did sponge some distress ink around the edges...sorry, just had to do it!

When I was thinking about accessorizing I pondered glitter but just couldn't decide on where to put it and when I finally decided just to add some glossy accents to the tiny bubbles I was super satisfied with my choice. With such a clean contemporary card the glitter just wouldn't have worked but the glossy accents...OH YA BABY...it was just the look I was after. Gotta love when that happens!

Next week our challenge is a sketch...I'll say it again (because it sounded good)....OH YA BABY...we all love a sketch, and we ALL LOVE Ebru's sketches. I know I say it all the time, but I still don't think I say it enough...EBRU IS A SKETCH GODDESS and we'd love for you to come join us.


Email your card to Emily and/or upload to our splitcoast forum and you just may be lucky enough to win some of those pink Bella BUCKS!

9 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful inspiring card ~ I just placed an order with Stamping Bella ~ and now I wish I had ordered the stamp you used here. Have a great weekend :)

Bren said...

I just got these flowers. I love them so much. Awesome job and good choice for the bubbles. Two thumbs up! Have a super weekend.

Susi said...

Wow! An absolutely gorgeous work of art!

natashakara said...

WOW! This card is awesome! I absolutely LOVE the way you colored the flowers, they just jump off against the white. Gorgeous result. :)

Sara said...

This this card is just stunning! I was browsing through Google Reader and this just jumped off the screen! :) love the vivid colors and the crisp white to frame it. I don't comment often enough on your posts but I always walk away so inspired by your coloring. Thank you for sharing. :)

Sara said...

This this card is just stunning! I was browsing through Google Reader and this just jumped off the screen! :) love the vivid colors and the crisp white to frame it. I don't comment often enough on your posts but I always walk away so inspired by your coloring. Thank you for sharing. :)

Karen said...

So gorgeous! I really love the painterly effect and the Tombows give such a vibrant colour. Beautiful!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Linda.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I love the technique you have used with this. Just beautiful!
Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails