Friday, May 4, 2012

Gotta love Friday!

Especially when it is a BELLARIFIC FRIDAY!

Last weekend was a chic getaway in Chicago...me along with 6 current and former work gals. Those 3 'former' are lucky retirees and the other 4 of us are retiree-wannabe's. Although I'm sure when I am retired I will have to curb my shopping somewhat....3 pairs of shoes, a couple tops, a sweater, a skirt and a new Return to Tiffany bracelet tapped me out. Oh, not to mention some art supply goodies from Blick's.

With all that I was sure to leave money for food and there are certainly no lack of restaurants there. The best time had was at a fondue place..I think we should have skipped the entree and just eaten cheese appetizers and chocolate deserts...MANY a laugh had in there. We also went to the TOP and stayed in a penthouse condo on State and Grand...can you say GORJUS...it was AMAZING...the view at night was beyond breathtaking. Is it even possible to have too much fun?

Now that I'm back I've had a very busy week at home and work and need to get myself back into some type of normal routine. I did manage to get in just a bit of crafty time for this weeks Bellarific Friday.



This is DAHLIA flower head and I coloured it up with my new KOI WATERCOLOR BRUSH markers that I picked up at the Stamping Bella booth at scrapfest. If you are interested in what they are like, they are more like copics than say Tombows in that they are blendable on paper yet they are easier to blend than copics. Will I give up my copics...NEVER! Will I have fun with my new toys...DEFINITELY!

I'd also like to welcome a new Babe to the house, Katarina Menzies. I'm sure you know her because she has been around for a while and it seems I've been stalking her since the day I started stamping. I also LOVE that she dabbles in everything... tombows, reinkers, copics, pencils, you name and she's used it and churns out a MASTERPIECE! I'm soooooo thrilled to be on a team with her.

Next week is EASY PEASY! ....sew it, or faux it....hmmmm....since I usually sew, I just may try to faux it next week for a real challenge.

see ya soon....I have another image coloured up here and it will make it onto a card very soon!


3 comments:

jroffel said...

Beautiful Linda!

Riet said...

Beautiful card Linda.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dana White said...

Gorgeous Linda - I do need these markers!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails