Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Well all you Mom's out there, what did you do today? Me, I putzed around in my yard, harvested more moss, put together a couple cards, cooked supper (yes, a mom's day never ends!) and tended to a nasty bite on the back of my leg behind my knee. I got bit by something yesterday which I think was a mosquito because it itched (but never hurt), and today it is swelling like crazy and it's hot and seeping at the bite mark. I still am pretty sure it was a mosquito because over the past two/three years I have been getting more and more sensitive to mosquito bites....I have several scars on my legs to prove it!

Nasty bugs aside, I want to show you the card I made for my Mom this year. She is a pie baker extraordinaire and when I saw this Karen Lockhart stamp last year I just knew that I had to make it for her.


I kept everything quite simple with no ribbons or bows, just a bit of glitter and the colour was carefully chosen to match her kitchen in warm gold tones. I even added some hand drawn brick to mimic the outside of their house.  All very personalized and I know she loved it! She even pots geraniums on her deck in the summer. Everything about this image just screams everything wonderful about my Mom.

In other 'family' related things...you remember I mentioned I bought iPhones for the family....well this is the card I got from my boys today....too funny! It made giving them those phones all worth it!


Finally, I may (or maybe not) have mentioned that I have been obsessed with moss lately. Well this is what I have been busy doing for the last three weekends...harvesting and transplanting moss! Taking it from the from the front of the house, which will get a makeover in the next few weeks, and moving it to the side of my house between the bricks in the sidewalk. Moss naturally grows there, however the gaps had gotten so large and the lack of soil between them made it impossible to grow moss. So I scraped out all the large pieces of mulch and stone between the bricks, filled it in with soil and transplanted moss bit by bit from the front of the house to the gaps between the bricks. In a short time, with a bit of water and some cool nights I should have a wonderful moss filled brick sidewalk!


Hoping all you ladies out there had as wonderful a Mother's Day as I did, doing the things that make you feel happy and fulfilled!

9 comments:

Pauline said...

STUNNING! I've seen this in real, and it is jaw dropping!!! I absolutely love the yellow/gold tones.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is a beautiful card, love the image and the colors and great card design. So cool you can harvest the moss! love it.

Denimo said...

Oh Linda... your card is just beautiful!! It stood out to me as soon as I saw it. Just loverly!!

Lissa said...

LOVE the card, hun! Sorry to hear about the mosquito bite. :( Try putting some green alcohol on it. Really makes it go away and quit itching.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Linda.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janette said...

I always love to see your fabulous work Linda, not as often as I wish though....
This card for your Mum is so well thought out and so brilliant, as always your colouring is stunning.xx

Bren said...

Your Mom must be gushing with pride and love for her daughter. It's beautifully colored but the sentiment behind it?... priceless.
I have lost my Mom so these are the things that make it all special and loving. :)

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful card, absolutely beautiful!! I know your Mom loved it!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful card, absolutely beautiful!! I know your Mom loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails