Tuesday, February 1, 2011

the kokeshi parade continues....

I can't help myself! I love them!

While I thought yesterdays dolls had almost an 'island' feel to them with the tulip embellishments I  kept the colours vibrant and bright. But today, these gals are Turning Japanese...OH God...that 80's Vapors song is starting to flood into my head! Must play some DAVE IMMEDIATELY!
This is Umeki, Katsumi and AYAMI KESHI. I thought they had more of a Japanese feel to them so I immediately thought...bamboo, grass cloth, natural fibers, cherry wood...get my drift! That was my inspiration for the colours in these gals and I wanted my card to feel like you were walking into a spa! Did I pull it off? I used many tactile papers....faux linen, faux suede, and a couple faux leather papers to get my feeling across and finished it up with some decorative thread that I plucked from my sewing stash. Nothing makes me happier than when my card can portray a feeling. Maybe it's all that thought I put into it that takes me so long to make one! But isn't that what makes them special?


The card deets:
Stamped with black memento ink on bella's BESTEST paper and used the following copic markers:

EOOO, OO, 11, Y21, 23, 26, 28
E11, 13, 15, 18, E33, 35, 37, E51, 53, 55

Pencils were used to shade around the image and for the grounding, and maybe JUST A BIT for some depth on their 'gowns' but not much. Remember...if i'm gonna use pencils to shade my copic colouring, I'll probably use a pencil in the same tone as the markers used, but darker....so for example I might have used just a BIT of dark umber on the dress of the leftmost doll.

Just in case you haven't figured it out....I'm LOVING these Kokeshi dolls!

Later, Linda

4 comments:

Ann said...

Just Beautiful ~ and yes you did pull it off! Your cards are always a work of art ~ I enjoy your blog.

Michele Boyer said...

Stop it.

;)

Robin McK said...

OMG - I love these dolls too! FAB job on your cards!!!

Linda Carson said...

Quite delightful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails