Isn't she adorable, and of course I have a little story to tell....don't I always? I colored up Mo's cupcake princess using my copics and shaded with pencils as I always do. Then late one night last week, late being maybe 10pm, I decided to shade around the edges. WELL....the colours I thought would match didn't NEARLY MATCH my basic grey Marjolaine paper that I picked out.
What's a girl to do? Well, I wasn't about to trash an image I spent over an hour coloring so I decided to SAVE it and rubbed some gesso around the edges to tone down my bright green that was hurting my eyes. Then I sponged a bit of a different green...good, but not great so I then rubbed some Claudine helmuth white paint on it. Getting better, now it had a mottled look to it which I could live with, and actually liked. But you could really see the 'line' where my pencil shading ended and my gesso/paint correction started. It was like a shiny to d ullfinish. GRRRRR....so I decided to spray it with a heavy coat of matte finish....well, that evened out the two finishes but you could still see the transition.
Glitter to the rescue! And LOTS of it! I think it covered all of my mistakes and hid that transition line....plus it looks good! in the end I think I could have started the entire thing over again and saved me some time!
I didn't write down the copics I used because I only did a base coat with my markers and the majority was done with pencil and gamsol. But I STILL started by stamping with memento on bells's BESTEST paper.
Now don't forget...no challenge this week due to the Canadian holiday so you have extra time to play in our 'ribbon' challenge due to Emily (Emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday July 7th.
That ends my story of the cupcake princess.