Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mom's 2012 Christmas Card

If you have been following me for a while you know that I make my Mom's XMAS cards. It is probably the most fun I have all year. I LOVE making Christmas cards more than anything else and I know that all my Mom's friends and realatives look forward to getting one every year.

I make about 25 for her so I have to keep the design simple enough to mass produce yet stunning enough to keep them wondering 'how'd she do that'. This year I was bound and determinded to use this Stamp Shack image that I have had for years and after a few duds, this is what I came up with.


I stamped the image with versamark on some smooth watercolour paper (available at Pickle) and applied three different embossing powders. Verdigras at the top, some PSX topiary in the middle (now retired) and sprinkle and sparkle's midnight black at the bottom.

After heat setting I spread over the entire image with Tumbled Glass distress stain and then sponged some iced spruce and bundled sage distress inks. When it was all good and dry I added the blue shading with prismacolor pencils and blended it out with gamsol.

Sentiment is papertrey, Sprigs and holly leaves are Martha Stewart punches. Background paper is Basic Grey (I think!) which I also sponged the edges,

So there you have it! Mom's Christmas cards, all done and delivered to her on the American Thanksgiving day weekend! The earliest I've ever had them completed!

 
IF you are reading this AND on Mom's list, I hope I haven't spoiled your surprise!
 
{hugs} Linda.

12 comments:

Bren said...

Linda, yep, you've done it. Simple yet oh so elegant. I love the design. I have been in a bit of a funk this year and it is always an inspiration to see your work. Thanks for sharing.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. I love all the green. What a nice gift for your mom.

krafty-kutz said...

OMG! Simply stunning x

Meahni Pieterse said...

That is a LOT of Christmas (beautiful) cards!

Julie Gillespie said...

This design is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful card(S)!

Sandy said...

Linda your cards for your Mom are spectacular - thanks for sharing with us how you did this. Beautifully done - just gorgeous!
sandy

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards.

Hugs Riet.xx

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful cards. You definitely accomplished your goal. Very lucky people on your mother's card list!

Tammie Koehnen said...

Ooh such BEAUTIFUL Christmas cards Linda! I mean gorgeous, just gorgeous!
:)

stamping bella said...

These cards are stunning! I love love love those trees! Your mama is one lucky mama

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, love your design! The multicolored embossing and sponging are gorgeous, but the blue pencil shading really puts it over the top! Lucky mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails