Friday, September 9, 2011

CA-RA-ZY for ANIMALS!

Well you heard all about 'MY' animal yesterday so I won't go into any more details about HER, scroll down if you didn't see that post. When I knew we were having an animal challenge my FIRST thought was CHRISTMAS! Stamping Bella has SO MANY holiday animal images I almost had trouble deciding but settled on Mo's PENGUIN WITH GIFT.


Part of the reason I chose this image was because I had just picked up some of My Mind's Eye Lost Christmas paper at Pickle and really wanted to use it. It is SO vintage, and SO glittery and there isn't one piece that I didn't love. I KNOW I have WAY too much paper....but you know what, sometimes you just gotta purge the old stuff, unless you love it and plan to use it, and get just a FEW sheets of some new stuff to inspire you. That is what this paper has done for me! A few new sheets of paper is priceless compared to the inspiration you might gain from it.

Enough gushing about my paper purchase...this guy was stamped on bella's BESTEST paper and coloured with copic markers. I didn't write them down this time, but I will say that I primarily used warm grey's for the majority of the penguin. The outer edges were sponged with chalk inks and I just kept blending different inks until I got the colour I was looking for. I also sponged the edges of the patterned paper in Antique Linen distress ink.

It turned out just as I had hoped for and I now have Christmas card #2 to add to my stash! EEEEEEK! 48 MORE TO GO!

Next Friday we won't have a challenge because Emily, Paula and me will be at the Scrapfest at MALL OF AMERICA! So at the risk of getting kicked off the team I'm gonna give you a HEADS UP for our SEPT 23 CHALLENGE. Shhhhhhh!!!!!! It's a sketch from one of my fav babe's Paulineabella.

Isn't it a beauty! And you have TWO WEEKS TO PLAY! So NOOOOO excuses! Get out that rubber, those markers, those pencils, whatever you choose to use and you will be surprised that when you start, you'll feel relaxed and rejuvinated and pumped to do more! That's how it happens! Really! JUST DO IT!

12 comments:

Betty said...

That is just SO CUTE. Want to make my cards this year?

Ebru Vatansever said...

Simply outstanding Linda !!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable penguin, Linda! Beautiful coloring, as always! (Bessie is on my card today, because other than Mavis that was the only "animal" stamp I had!)

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card!! Love when you put your fabulous coloring to one of Mo's images:)

Bren said...

Absolutely love the card as I do all of your work... I would like to see you coloring/shading around your images. I am intrigued at how well you do that, so well blended and it makes your images pop all the more. Video please. :)

Ida said...

Love your sweet penguins.
Hope your doggie has settled down. Our little pug has taken to barking when she wants someone to come play with her now.

CraftyViolet said...

Love it!I love that stamp and I have one daughter that loves penguins. I may have to invest! Love the paper too and from one paperholic to another - yes, we need a new "paper fix" once in awhile. Not one animal stamp in my collection so no card from me this week.
Violet
www.craftyviolet.blogspot.com

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness Linda...this is so gorgeous! The image you coloured is so outstanding and the paper is gorgeous too!

Leslie said...

Very pretty and I love the softness around him!

Dana White said...

stunning stunning stunning!!

Robin McK said...

Hey Lindabella!
Love this card - you chose some amazing papers to make this one pop, and amazing colouring, as always!!!

dpkennedy said...

The depth you've achieved with your coloring is stunning! Gorgeous card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails