Saturday, October 11, 2008

Snowman #1 done!

...and a family update!

Last night my boys, twins Alex and Derek, had their high school graduation ceremony. We had my parents and Mark's Dad, wife and Aunt down for dinner and off to the commencement ceremony! Here is a pic of my boys, Alex on the left and Derek on the right. You'd never know they are twins, but they are!!!!!!!!!!! I can attest to it! Delivering two babies with no drugs...it never leaves you....LOL! To be honest, yes I had no drugs, but it was a fairly easy delivery and they have grown up to be (mostly) great guys! I wish they would pick up after themselves a bit more, but if that is all I have to complain about, I think I got off easy!

On to todays card. I told you I had three Whipper Snapper snowmen all colored up and in the middle of the grad festivities I managed to get one of them dressed up on to a card. This is Earmuffs Snowman and he is very rustic in his little stitched vest and scarf so I paired him with some equally rustic Minds Eye paper and some SU buttons that I've had FOREVER! This little guy was colored with prismas and gamsol and I added some Hero Arts glitter sprinked on Liquid Pearls for snow.
Well tomorrow is another busy family gathering as my nephews are getting baptized....better get busying making a couple cards for them!

'till next time...Linda!


5 comments:

Tammi said...

Cute boys you have there! It's amazing when they finally graduate, the years fly by before you know it. Hugs!

You already know how much I love every one of your cards, but snowmen are my favorite, and wow on this one! I really like how you threaded the buttons on the side, great idea! I'm really looking forward to seeing your other snowmen cards. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your graduates!! They are handsome young men!

Love the snowman card - he's just so darned cute!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how well red wooden shoes can accessorize a gown and a cap ! It's really hard to believe that they have graduated. Wasn't it only yesterday that they were babies? Anyway, love this snowman card. Could it possibly be one for an up and coming class ?

Unknown said...

Handsome dudes ....and a very sweet snowmann..ty for sharing

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Wonderful card! Your coloring is super!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails