today that product would be my new caran d'ache neocolor II water soluble wax pastels. they are a fav of donna downey and although i was not at stamping bella for her classes i got the coles notes version when paula and i visited emily this past weekend. (more on that later) lacking fine motor skills i was able to get some scribbles down on paper and loosly watercolor it to create this beautiful bloom...i think it is beautiful and that is what really matters. this is my art journal. it is what it is and well, it is making me happy. i can't say i'll ever really 'journal' in it....but the process of just playing and creating and letting go is totally liberating. now emily told me i HAD to write something in it so i practiced a zillion times and finally just took ink to paper and went for it. clearly the fine motor skills need some improvement!
as i said paula whisked me up friday night for a whirlwind toronto weekend with emily. no classes, no particular agenda, just a chick weekend to play and create. did you know that emily is more than just a pretty face...she is also one talented artistic babe! and we also learned that she does not eat lunch....gotta work on that one! LOL!
we spent saturday at the booo-tique and i played with my new crayons then more fun with the new viva decor products. again...NO FINE MOTOR SKILLS required! the paper soft is kind of like distress inks in lush colors and very blendable and the paper and pearl pens are simply AMAZING! they are hands down the BEST dimensional paints that i have ever used. i'm a tactile chic and love adding texture to my cards and these will surely be put to good use in the near future.
and to save me typing a novel...i'll give you my coles notes version of the weekend
- playing with kidlets while ryan bbq'd delish steaks, and let me tell ya....those kidlets are ADORABLE!
- making 1pt WW soup with tyler and jayden....to balance off the 5million calories i consumed in challah bread
- paula and I sitting on the porch trying to decide which house we want to move into
- downtown to boost the economy some more where i got some BE-UTIFUL paper to cover my art journal.
- dinner with dena at a korean bbq on sunday....poor paula, i don't think she knew what she was in for there! i just wanna say....the calamari was AMAZING!
- by sunday evening my hand had about all the excitement it could take! i wanted to teach them some yoga stretches and cuddle with paula but they would have nothing to do with it
- maybe next time!
now to go get weighed in at WW....hmph...just stepped on the scale and i'm up a couple pounds! darn challah bread!