Monday, August 16, 2010

Let it snow!

Okay...seriously folks ...I DO NOT WANT SNOW, not now, not EVAH! But I could be really happy with a bit less humidity. So I thought if I posted a cool weather card that just might send some vibes up to the weather gods to give us a break. And I think it worked! We have a lot less humidity today and the skys are clear blue with just the teeniest amount of crisp white clouds here and there. Picture perfect!


This is a Vol.25 Jessica Rose hanging block stamp called Winter Clothes hanging block. I think it looks like a winter store window display with the little awning I created and it will make a good card for my Christmas stash. Don't know about you, but I really like these hanging block stamps. Winter clothes as always, was stamped with brilliance ink on Bella's Bestest paper and coloured with copic markers. Very little pencil went into the shading here, I coloured it with the following copic markers.

COO, 1, Y23, YR21, 23
R24, 27, 89
G0000, 00, 02, BG72

Today I took the day off work to recoup from our annual steak/lobster BBQ with my side of the family....we have a small family so can splurge on this treat once a year. It was not a picture perfect day...just as we were about to sit outside for dinner the rain gods dumped torrential water from the sky! We did need the rain, but it would have been nice if it could have waited just one more hour.


I have been prepping the deck all summer for this event and this is what a part of it looked like last week....how pretty is this and how perfect it would have been to sit out there under the umbrella's, sip some wine and indulge in blackened filet and lobster tail! Last year it was so cold we had to light a fire in the fire pit just to stay warm. Oh the joys of weather in Southwestern Ontario....just never know what you will get. But I have to say, even with the wicked humidity, I'd take this hot summer over last years cool one any day.

Well...it is like 3pm and I haven't even had a shower yet! I've made my card for Friday's challenge...remember, it's a sketch and you can find it this post and I've cut paper and stamped images for Wednesday's pickle class....beware girls....I've discovered that the wrist can manage a single image, but doing several repetitively is a bit more straining than I anticipated so the images might not be quite as crisp as usual.

Now I think I'll go get that shower and decide what to make for dinner, oh how I could get used to the life of a stay at home kept woman!

9 comments:

Betty said...

Lovely as always! If you figure out how to stay home and not have to work, let me know. I'd love to do that too!

dolcreations said...

I love your card Linda...this is perfection! I love the awning....your colouring is simply gorgeous! I so love your deck..so inviting!

Crafty Cath said...

LOOOVE the awning! It's gorgeous. I can see me giving that a try real soon and that stamp just might have to make its way into my growing collection.

Linda Carson said...

Ooooo very creative! It does make me look forward to cooler weather! Your patio looks inviting!

Tracy Valure said...

You make the cutest cards! That awning is sooooooo stinkin' cute! Love it!
Tracy V

Anonymous said...

The card is darling of course but look at your garden/deck...OMG!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Very cute and clever, the canopy is perfect with that image. The paper and colours are great!

Jo Nevill said...

Just came across your blog and its fantastic, a real inspiration and your colouring is just perfect.

Absolutely adore your card and love the awning you have made - very clever.

Will be back again !

Hugs,

Jo xx

Cindy Major said...

Oh, what a fabulous card! Love the awning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails