Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bellarific Friday is here, and video clarification

I'm gonna start by addressing a couple comments I had on my video debut! I spoke of E-4-zero in the face and that is E0000, then I spoke of E-4-zero again in the hair, but that is E40....you might call it Linda-speak! For those who left a comment, I thank you...I'm kinda camera shy, especially in front of a video cam and kinda shy and quiet generally but sort of crazy...I know, I can't explain it either! You really have to know me to love me. Close friends always remind my hubby (in a VERY sarcastic way) that he is the LUCKIEST guy in the world!

Okay...on to business....Bellarific Friday business that is and this week we had an awesome sketch by one of our newest Babes Cathabella! I deviated just a bit from the sketch because the image I chose fit into a square rather than an elongated rectangle, but I call that artistic freedom. Really, a sketch is just a jumping point to inspire you, it is not a criminal offense if you don't follow it to every dimension. So just remember that for next time!


I now give to you Joyful Village by Stamping Bella, another image I bought last year but never got around to inking it. In an effort to not repeat my images TOOOO many times, I thought the timing was right to get this one coloured and I had bright and cheery in mind so coloured those little houses in shades of pink and red with the following copic markers
B0000, 000, 52, YG01, 03, 17, 97
R22, 24, 37, 85, RV02, 11, 19. 32. 34. 69
N0, 2, T3, 5, E42, 44, W7

As always, I shaded around the image with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol, but no pencils were used on the houses. And of course I had to bling it up by applying some pearl pen to the snow on the rooftops and the ground which I dumped with glitter while still wet, then some glitter around the smoke stacks and glossy accents on the windows. To balance it off, I stamped Merry Christmas in the upper left corner. Gotta have balance! Do you know that Stamping Bella has a boat load of tiny super affordable sentiments perfect for fitting into small spaces like this....check them out here.

All pretty and blingy ready to be sent to someone special this Christmas. Our challenge next week was the brainstorm of Kim Teasdale and is one of MY FAV THINGS TO DO! That is an ALL WHITE card except for the image that has colour. Now, remember, this is just INSPIRATION, so don't go all nuts thinking you have to strictly adhere to the idea. It is a JUMPING point....so think white, maybe a paper that is shades of white, or just use all white cardstock, or maybe you NEED to border your image with a standout colour. THAT IS ALL OKAY! just get inspired because that is what Bellarific Friday is all about!

See ya soon!

10 comments:

Janette said...

Fab card Linda, I LOVED your videos, thought they were brilliant.xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! That is one of my favourite Bella Christmas images. I love how you've used it here. And thanks for the get-out-of-jail card for next week re all white card!

Regan said...

gasp...its beautiful

Cindy H. said...

Linda, thank you sooooo much for clearing up my color confusion over what colors you used in the video. I didn't have either color so I couldn't just compare them with what you used. Those colors are now on my list :)

Today's card is just adorable and so festive. Love the glitter, the shine. Your fabulous coloring makes those cute little houses look so dimensional :)

Dana White said...

sure tell the peeps they just need it for inspiration & tell me I have to do all white!! Your card is stunning & yes we are all a little crazy us babes!!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Love the card Linda, GORGEOUS as always. I'm not sweating the white card challenge actually really looking forward to it. Next weeks video will be a very short tutorial :o)

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

JOY...that is my middle name!!! Love it missy, wicked colouring as usual!

Linda Carson said...

Loverly!! I really like that stamp.

Crafty Cath said...

Love your creative interpretation of the layout and your coloring just rocks the house once again. And too funny about the E0000 and E40...I caught that in the video but since I was there watching the master at work, I thankfully knew the difference. Your tuitorial was great...I'll refer to it again and again. Remember, when I grow up I want to color just like you!

frogers said...

Thank you for clearing that up. I hope I didn't bug you too much. Another masterpiece.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails