Friday, June 29, 2012

Happy Friday

And it is a wonderful Friday because I have the day off and I have Neil Diamond songs filling my head after seeing him in London, ON last night. Ya, he's old...and he walked through a couple songs but never the less seeing him live has been on my bucket list since he starred in the Jazz Singer and I'm glad I saw him.

My plans today were to wash the bedroom windows, however with the heat index sitting at around 100 I don't think I want to open those windows today. No worries, I have a huge laundry list of things that need to get done around here so I'll save that chore for Monday which is also a holiday here in Canada so I have a nice long 4 day weekend.

Before I go get out the dyson and my enjo cleaning mitts I'll get to my real reason for being here, Bellarific Friday. I decided to do something a little different with this weeks sketch and used Stamping Bella's Grandma's Gramophone by Rheea. Pauline made a BEAUTIFUL card with it last week and she ommitted the little lady and her pup and I kinda wish I had done that as well because it would make the card more versatile. None the less, I like the way it turned out.


I started with a piece of hot press watercolor paper and stamped the image with black Archival ink. Then I used my ranger distress markers and blended the colour out with a wet brush. I sponged on some distress ink around the edges and stamped just a tiny bit of Eclectic mini musical notes because I thought it was fitting.

Next week our challenge is all about EMBOSSING....and the it leaves the door wide open for possibilities. Instead of the 'go to' embossing folders, maybe try heat embossing, or maybe a brass stencil and a stylus. Have I gotten your creative juices flowing yet? I know mine are.

Till next time, Linda.

4 comments:

Janette said...

What an awe inspiring image, wow it's stunning Linda.....xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Happy Friday indeed. Glad you had fun at the concert. Had a couple of girlfriends who went and they loved it too. Terrific card. Your distressed looks is perfect.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Linda.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kreativelena said...

OMG, i am so glad i stumbled on your blog. This card is amazing. The colouring is fantastic. My english isent to good, so it is difficult to express what i want. But how you put the whole card togheter, and the colours you are using are all very lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails