Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Christmas card of the week, and do you remember when...

...Emily would sneak in new rubbah here and there, and you had to keep checking her blog or online store to see when new stuff would be there! I was one of those peeps and she is at it again! SPONTANEOUS RELEASES!

OMG....this is sooooooooooo fun! I would sometimes order online, or sometimes go into my local LSS Pickle and say did you see what Emily just released! I felt like I was a 'spy'....stalking out new images that they had to order for their store! LOL!!!! Well, we are all gonna have to start 'spying' again! YUP...no more monthly releases, she is just gonna dribble them in when the urge hits her! Personally, I think this is exciting cause I loved when she did that. It would draw me to her blog and read her crazy stories. I'm so happy that the 'old' Emily is back because I kinda missed her.

This spontaneity brings me to today's card....the choir with a star on top by Mo! Em sent this one to me and asked if I would have time to color it...I did NOT have a lot of prep time, just sayin'...when she says spontaneity she means it! But I didn't care, it was a Mo, it was rubbah and it was a Christmas image and I could use it for my Christmas card of the week so I quickly said YES!


My pod mate Kathy (who watched the Bessie girl last weekend) was the inspiration for this card. She does short term mission work and always comes home from her travels with the most INCREDIBLE photographs of children...she is a scrapbooker and photographer extraordinaire and her photos were my inspiration. I didn't have any experience with colouring various skin tones so I went to my go to site for all things copic, Copic Creations and remembered they did a challenge on Ethnic skin tones. So I checked out the post and read the links from the experts and used them as a guide. The only thing I strayed from was to add a bit of beige prismacolor pencil to add some highlights on the darker skin tones, I'm rather happy with my first time attempt and hope to be doing much more of this in the future! I love this image and the unity of cultures with the Joy to the World sentiment that comes with it just says it all!

What else can I say...but....peace out!

9 comments:

Crafty Cath said...

Say what? This is your first time coloring som'thin? You'd never know it girl - this is just freakin awesome. The faces look so realistic - angelic even. Can't wait to get my hands on it too!

Dana White said...

The skin tones are amazing Linda! I like spontaneous Em too :)

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Linda. Love the image and the papers are a perfect match!
Clairex

Betty said...

Oh yeah, you got the skin tones down good! Very pretty card by the way too. Love the colors.

Welcome! said...

OH Wow, love these little cuties, and you've coloured them perfectly! Gorgerous card!

Cindy H. said...

What precious little faces and how gloriously you colored each one! This card is fabulous!!! tfs

dpkennedy said...

This is wonderful! Awesome skin coloring! I have never done anything other than, well me! I seem to lean towards pale with red hair a lot, lol! Just gorgeous!

Becky said...

You did a fabulous job on the skin tones, but then too you do awesome coloring. This card is just fabulous.

Robin McK said...

Linda, this creation is an absolute masterpiece. Your colouring is beyond amazing. Thank you for an amazing class today - I had a blast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails