Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lots of updates today!

Saturday Paula made the journey to Chatham with her stamping/scrapping friends and we all piled in the van with Pauline and headed to London to hit Scrapping Great Deals and Stamp Art. After shopping our little brains out we came back to my place, ordered pizza and wings (some of us even had a glass or two of wine!) then we suprised Paula with a Dairy Queen ice cream cake because it's her b'day this week. I still want to keep her as a friend so I won't share the pic of her hanging her tongue out over the cake but i will share a pic of the cake!

After stuffing ourselves silly we stamped off the images that we all bought and this is one that I stamped from Paula's stash. She posted her version yesterday (which i must say is STUNNING) and today I'll post mine. MUCH different than Paula's...in typical Paula style she she was thinking outside of the box...me, not so much...I went for the obvious rustic look. I did add some Barbara Trombley's Elements Earth Textures to create tiny pine cones. I bought this stuff at Stampeddler the last time I was visiting Paula. Very cool stuff for making little pinecones! Actually it smells just like nutmeg. That is probably what it is, coursly ground nutmeg stuffed in a jar and sold for $5.95. The one I bought was called Nut Brown and there were some other varieties. I wonder what they smell like? Sorry...I digress. I just put a drop of glossy accents down, dumped on some Earth Textures and moulded my little pinecones! The little pot is from Stamps by Judith and it was stamped on a separate piece of paper, coloured up, cut out, curved over a pencil to 'bow' it and then mounted with a pop dot. I added some more Earth elements inside the pot and sprinked some below. It adds that teeny bit of texture and interest. Plus it was fun!

On a final note I'm so excited to say that Paper Pickle now has a blog! If you haven't checked it out yet you should, especially if you are a 'local'. They will be announcing classes, specials, new product, everything you need to know there. So bookmark it, add it to your google reader, subscribe or follow it today! Seriously, Kell and Kim are two of THE most creative women I have ever met and I'm so excited to see what they have up their sleeve with this. Yes, they even keep secrets from me!

coming up next...stitching on cards...I FINALLY DID IT!

2 comments:

Terri said...

I LOVE your little tree, it is different than Paula's (yes, I stalk her blog too) but every bit as stunning. You girls do amazing work, I always look forward to stopping by to see what you create! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm so glad I don't have to choose between Paula and your cards because it would be impossible! Both are fabulous!!! TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails