Friday, April 17, 2009

Just bursting with color!

Well, I must say Emily outdid herself with the challenge this week. At first glance I was overwhelmed, then I read the post and we just needed to use any combination of the colors, then I looked at the colors again and was decision impaired and just had to use them ALL!







What does one use when presented with a large range of color? Well, flowers of course! I figured if I used the Jar of Wildflowers I had a pretty good chance of incorporating all the colors in the challenge...and I think I came pretty darn close to pulling it off! What do ya think? I coloured with pencils and gamsol, then used chalk to 'pink' up the paper. Of course I added glitter and some glossy accents to the centers of the flowers and the jar. If it is a jar, it need to be glazed, right? (that's my rule!)

Then we had to use a flower...and I got stumped. I first tried to layer a couple different red/orange/yellow combos of flowers but they overwhelmed my pretty jar of wildflowers that I just spent a gazillion hours colouring so I ripped those off in place of some very neutral ones. In the end, I'm happy because although my flower is large, my image remains front and center!

I hope you were happy with the outcome of your challenge card! Have a wonderful weekend! I'm off to Scrapfest tomorrow!

5 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Just gorgeous, sistah!! STUNNING!

Judi said...

This is so pretty! Great job

Meahni said...

Stunning Linda! Beautiful colouring as always!

Candy said...

I am new into all of this and your work is beautiful. I was wondering if you shaded the yellow behind the flowers before you colored in the flowers? Otherwise, it looks rather tedious to try and shade around all those delicate flowers.

Anonymous said...

So pretty Linda, Love the flower you added..I too was stumped by that! lol Tell me I have to add something and I freeze! Now I gotta wait a while to do this image, maybe while you are away with DAVE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails