Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Morning Post

Before I immerse myself into something really crafty this morning (think mixed media!) I thought I'd sit down and say hi. We had quite the thunderstorm roll thru last night and it is still really wet and steamy outside so no sitting on the deck for me yet.

The other day I said I had a couple cards that were going to family members this weekend, well this is the second of them. My parents both celebrate their b'day in March and we usually take them out for dinner somewhere. But this year with my dad having bypass surgery late February that b'day dinner kinda got squashed so we decided to surprise them yesterday with a Tassimo and a truckload of different coffees and teas and I was in charge of the card.


This card was TOTALLY INSPIRED by THIS JOURNAL PAGE from our one and only Bella designer Isabelle Norris using Stamping Bella's FLUFFY FLOWER HEAD. When I saw that page I really almost had to pick my jaw up from the floor I was sooooo IN LOVE with it. She used distress inks on hers and I chose to use my Caran d'Ache neocolor II crayons. Now she did say she put the two page spread together quickly, but me...quick? not so much! Probably cause I putz and play, and add colour, then add more...get my drift. I don't do anything quickly. When I finished it I gave it a good spray of krylon matte finish but it still didn't have the finish I was after so gave it a couple light coats of US ARTQUEST PPA matte. LOVE THAT STUFF and who says it is just for mixed media. I kept it all simple and mounted it on a white card and with that ppa finish it almost has museum quality look to it. Very cool look if I do say so myself!

Still LOTS of time to play in our challenge this week, and it's a simple one....use some ribbon and send that card over to Emily by Thursday at 5pm. And if you are looking for inspiration, check out the gallery over at the Bella Forum...LOTS of yummy stuff to get your creative juices flowing.

till next time, Linda!

5 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

Thank you Linda. Your card is STUNNING!!! love the colours
isa

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Linda, love the colours!

Dana White said...

Great next time I see you I'll want these crayons?! OMG this is stunning - you are really making me want to look at this mixed media stuff!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So, so beautiful. I love your bright colours and the bg. Very inteesting.

Hazel said...

Linda I just adore all of your cards - you are a true inspiration. Keep up the awesome work. Hazel x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails