Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Blog Banner

I thought I would tell you a bit about my banner. I have the most wonderful backyard for a city gal! One of the things I love about it is my little pond and waterfall! It reminds me of vacationing up in Northern Ontario when I was young. For a few years we even had a little frog who lived in our little pond. I haven't seen him for a year or so though, and I don't like to think about what might have happened to him. Maybe one day I'll share a pic of him with you.

Anways, I digress. One day last summer I went out in the afternoon and saw the most awesome dragonfly sunning himself on a reed in the pond. He was just gorgeous so I grabbed my camera and took some pictures of him. Truth be told, I love the look of dragonflies but I am dreadfully afraid of most all bugs and when this guy took to flight to look for another reed to rest on I quickly backed away! It was one of those days where I was grateful for the zoom on my camera!

So...how did this become my banner you ask? Well, one night Mark and I were sitting here having a glass of wine and I decided to create a blog. I asked him what I should call it. We decided it should have something to do with creating, since that is what it is all about, and we thought it would be kinda neat if we could incorporate my name in it somehow. Well, Heavens is our last name so we tried a few options but they were all taken so we came up with this! Thankfully I'm married because I don't think I would have come up with something so interesting with my maiden name...Szaran!

I digress again...you probably are asking yourself so how does that tie into my banner? Well, I wanted a really cool picture to tie my blog name to my banner to the subject of the blog. I instantly thought of this dragonfly because it's beauty is a gift from Heaven and my little cards are a gift from me! Makes total sense doesn't it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHMYFREAKINGGOD.... I will plug you like crazy sistah but don't evah cheat on me..LOL!

love ya and congrats!
Em

Anonymous said...

OMG - I'm so glad that you created a blog. I've been waiting for this. It will defintely be on my favorite list! Love your card - fantastic as usual! Can't wait to see more.
Nancy T

Anonymous said...

You are one crazy lady. Where do you find the time for all this. Very glad you created your own blog because you are one of the most talented ladies I know. Can't wait to see more.
Glitter Queen
Brenda M.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Linda! You have a lot to offer the blogging community. Cheers and best wishes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails