Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Leslie and Lori Lulu

Aren't they adorable! Gaze your eyes on Leslie and Lori from Stamping Bella's Lulu Collection.



As always...they were stamped on Bella's bestest paper with brilliance ink and coloured with copics. I've had this one coloured up for a few weeks but I do recall that I used only copics on the image and shaded around the edges with pencils and gamsol. I was asked how I do my shading with pencils. Well, I'm sort of at a loss for words and don't really know how to explain it without showing you...and paleezzzze don't ask for a video because a) i'm not photogenic! LOL!...and b) after working all day I just really don't have time to devote to it.

Having said that though, if you want to see a great pencil tutorial for grass, check out this tutorial that Paula put together for the Bella forum on Splitcoast Stampers. As for myself, I ALWAYS colour my image in copics first and add shading around the edge of the image with pencils to soften it up. I usually start with a light color, blend it out with gamsol, then add just a bit of deeper shading. Then sometimes I think it might need some highlights so I will use my white color pencil to lighten up some areas and if I want to add just a bit of deeper shading somewhere I might do that with a darker pencil. That darker color will depend on what color copics I used. For the smelly cat red chair I added white for highlights and I think probably a 90% cool grey for some really deep shadows.

Hope that helps a bit. Finally, if you have some valentine cards to make there is still time to join in on the Bellarific Friday Lovey challenge. Make any card with a LOVE theme and get a pic of you creation to Em by 5pm EST on Thursday for your chance at some bella bucks.

8 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, they are so purty!

dolcreations said...

Linda your card is beautiful that is for sure! I am so excited for the Feb.27th class at stamping bella! I have all my copics/lyras all ordered up! Can't wait to see you and Paula!

Linda Carson said...

2 thumbs up!

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Just stunning, I love these two!

Jodi Collins said...

This is breathtaking Linda!! Your coloring is spectacular on this! GORGEOUS layout and I love this image!!

Unknown said...

....sigh.... this is just lovely... I'm off to stare at it some more....

paula tracy williamson said...

OMG...I can NOT wait to see this in my own little hands!!! Man, this is drop dead stunning!

Tammi said...

Ooohh love your colors on the girls, so very pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails