Friday, April 16, 2010

Anything Goes!

And when you have the most PHENOMOLISHOUS selection to choose from ANYTHING would have been spectacular!

Have you seen it yet? The April Stamping Bella release...could you DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I could DIE! Not only are there BEEEEutiful mo's, there are bella's...have you seen Jodibella's execubella! I think she looks like me at work!....except i am NOT an exec...and my desk is NOT that clean!..so why do i think it's me????? who knows! Maybe because it is because I wanna look that HOT behind my desk! LOL!




Okie dokie...on to the card...do you LOVE IT? Did you get my hint? Mom will love it because obviously after needing a wedding shower card, she is gonna most definitely need a wedding card AND it is a cake, so it's yummy! This little gem is Lulu's Wedding Cake. My cake was coloured with copic markers and I used a dark brown marker to accent the lines to look like chocolate! Then I added clear glaze pen over those brown lines to look like glistening chocolate...THEN...liquid applique on all the little dots of 'pearls'. It is totally elegant, but still fun for a young couple starting their lives together.

Actually, I brought it to work yesterday and my young pod mate Matt said WOW, I would love to get a card like that for my wedding....so I punched him in the arm and said..."I DID MAKE YOU A CARD FOR YOUR WEDDING....DON'T YOU REMEMBER!"...hmph...guys!, I'm sure his wife Tanya remembers! Then he dug himself into a deeper hole and said ...Tanya has all our wedding cards stored away in a box, I told her to throw them out....after I punched him in the other arm I told him that I have been married for 22 years and STILL have all my wedding cards! Again...hmph.....guys!

I can only hope that Lindsey (the eventual recipient of this card) will NOT throw it away and in 22 years she will pull out that shoe box and be reminded of the most memorable day of her life!

Now...next week's challenge is Mother's Day! Make a card for your mom, or for any mom for that matter....let's celebrate the Mom's we all know and love!

14 comments:

sueincanada said...

That is a beautiful card, such a great image. Definitely should be kept. I still have our wedding cards, 46 years later.

Karen Motz said...

This is drop dead gorgeous!!! They're going to LOVE it!!! The liquid pearl dots add such a wonderful elegance to this beautiful creation!!!

Becky said...

This is a gorgeous card and a gorgeous cake.

Kandi said...

Wowza, this is one beautiful wedding cake! Love it!

Cindy H. said...

Oh my, this is so elegant!!! What a fabulous job of coloring and sewing!! While I was shopping for Mo's yesterday, I saw this stamp and mentally put it on my wish list:) Now it's high on the list!

Dana White said...

This is absolutely stunning sistah!! LOVE IT!

The Spotted Chick said...

Beeeeee-u-ti-ful!! LOVEEEE the lace on the edges and this is SO elegant!! Gor-juss as always!!

Tara Cardwell said...

your colouring is always exquisite and this is no exception! I wouldn't just keep your cards I'd frame them!!!

Laura Church said...

It was great meeting you at Scrapfest. Now I have to get confortable with the pencils and OMS. I.ll send you a pic once I'm happy with my results. Thanks for teaching me, and thanks Bella for the make n takes!

Meahni Pieterse said...

I want to eat that cake it looks so good! Thanks for sharing how you do the shading around images, I am so happy you did!!

Fiona said...

I REALLY love this card; I check your blog daily. I LOVE your taste in papers and colours. Thank you for sharing all of your work.

By the way, you have a fantastic sense of humour! I love it!!!

Warm Regards, Fiona :0)

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

This is Lovely!!! Great to meet you at Scrapfest! Will you be at the Chatham Mega Croppers this weekend? Stop by if you are, I will have my store set up!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So beautiful. Truly you are a colour wonder.

Deanna said...

Wow Linda, wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails