Friday, April 30, 2010

Another candle on your cake?

Well that's no cause to pout!

And that is exactly what Jill is two is doing...she's got a HUGE pout going on. It just makes me smile because my kids (although they are boys) were more like Jill than Toby. I don't recall them EVER throwing themselves on the ground and pitching a fit but they had that pout down to a fine art! Our challenge this week was to use uninked rubber! Well I have SOOO much of it so I decided to not only use rubber that has never seen ink, but to also use an image that has never seen rubber!


Okay...thinking of pouting, I'm gonna digress for a moment so just skip over if you aren't interested. I took the princess Bessie for a walk last night and I went a different route. Well, she decided she wanted to go down one road and I wanted to go down another so she put the brakes on. I stop, look back and she looks down the road she wants to travel and I say NOOOOO we are going this way and give her a little tug. So she sits down, and again looks down the road. I tell her again...NOOOOOOO....so she lays down right on the sidewalk! So there I am trying to reason with A DOG and a woman walking across the street is getting quite a chuckle out of it. Finally, I just decide to pick her up, walk her down the street a bit and then put her down. She was not at all impressed that I won the battle and walked all the way home in a pout! YES....that little dog KNOWS HOW TO POUT! She's a challenge I tell ya....but it is her spunk that I love best about her!

So that is my story of the day and a little peek into the everyday life of Linda (BTW...dead pede count is at 2!....at least the are DEAD!).

My card as ALWAYS, was stamped on Bella's bestest paper and coloured with copic markers. However, a good deal of the shading in her dress and tights were done with pencils and gamsol/OMS. I had a little bit of trouble trying to figure out exactly where the dress folds were supposed to be and finally decided not to obsess over it anymore and just added shading where I felt like it! I know, I know, I'm my own worse critic! No glitter or glaze pen, I kept it simple and that lush doily paper is October Afternoon that I picked up at the bella booth in Kitchener. I paired it up with some BoBunny that I also got at Stamping Bella a while ago but had been hoarding it!. You know, I need to convince myself that paper is like chocolate and should be consumed while it is still fresh!

Now for some serious BABE BIZNESS....next weeks challenge is.....drum roll please....MAY FLOWERS! The flower can be in your image, your paper, an embellishment....whatever! Just make sure there is a FLOWER on your card somewhere....OH, and be sure to use a stamping bella stamp!

Have fun!

11 comments:

sueincanada said...

Just adorable. Love the colours you used and the papers. Your cards are always amazing.

Karen Motz said...

She's really adorable and so sweet looking!!!

Stamps and Paper said...

What a fabulous card.....you have inspired me to use this image again.
Anne

Cindy H. said...

Another cutie!! I love how you colored her and those bg papers are so perfect! tfs

Dana White said...

Linda she is so cute; if you ask my hubby he'll tell you I can still pout like that!
YEAH on the count - that's one thing I don't have to do now we are in Calgary; quite frankly I would rather have my house sprayed & be out there still!

Nena said...

Your coloring is amazing as always!!
Wow your bow is PERFECT!! Did you
use the bow easy?

The Spotted Chick said...

I don't think Bessie's waving the white flag yet. She just might leave you a TREAT when you least expect it!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!! Adorable card Linda!!

Jodi Collins said...

What a stunner Linda! I LOVE her!

Meahni Pieterse said...

It's a good thing you don't live in Africa Linda. We have bugs everywhere and I would've been so excited finding a centipede (definitely no fumigation). We call them a shongololo. It's from a local language :-)
LOVE your card and that image is just adorable!

CraftyViolet said...

Once again a great card! Your card is usually the best of all submitted.

Elaine said...

Just perfect! I love this card,so much so, this little stamp hopped into my shopping basket - and yes, I did tell my hubby it was all your fault, you MADE me buy it. Now I'm hoping I'll be able to colour is as perfectly as you, won't hold my breath, I'm no-where near that good.
Elaine x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails