Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom and Dad!

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday and tomorrow is my Mom's. This is the card i made for Dad and is reminiscent of his early days of hunting and fishing. I grew up eating all kinds of wild game but I drew the line when he went to the Sportsman club and brought home leftover muskrat! Eating something with the word rat in it just doesn't seem right. I made my Mom's card a while back and have been keeping it hidden from her. I did post it and you can see it here, but I know she doesn't read my blog so no fear of her seeing it.


This is an SU set called Wildfowl and I bought it a while ago specifically with Dad in mind. I coloured it up with my pencils and a bit of gamsol, cut it out with my nesties and the background hounds tooth is a Cornish Heritage Farms scrapblock.

My brother and his family drove down from London for the day and we headed to our fav Italian restaurant in Windsor for dinner. With my parents in Windsor, us in Chatham, and my brother in London we don't get together as a family all that often so it was a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! What a beautiful card! Your coloring is exceptional and brought the image to life! My hubby would *love* this card and I'm sure your dear dad will too!

Julia said...

Oh wow! I love this VERY masculine card! It's beautiful! The coloring is gorgeous! You pretty much rock...

Judi said...

Great card! So masculine looking. I think men's cards are the hardest to make. Thanks for sharing.

Jane Wetzel said...

just Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a handsome card!!! Your coloring is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Once again, I am in awe! It is gorgeous and so masculine! Wow!
Joanne

dpkennedy said...

This is a gorgeous masculine card! I love the houndstooth bg!

Anonymous said...

Well, you pretty much ROCK those 'man' cards!! This took my breath away and you know that doesn't happen unless I am looking at George Clooney! lol Stunning, amazing GORGEOUS!!!!!! I gave my dad a simple van???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails