Sunday, March 1, 2009

White Space

I read all the time that people have trouble making a card and keeping it simple. Me, I'm the complete opposite. I have trouble using more than one patterned paper on my card. Actually I once told my mom that if I had my way all of my cards would be white, with a simple dry embossed frame and a pretty little colored image sitting in the middle gettin' all the attention.

So when I saw Stamping Bella had these little purses in the Cilla Rose Collection I immediately thought of colouring them up in nice bright colors and giving them center stage on a pure white card. I think if I mounted them singly like that it would make a nice little set of note cards to give as a gift. Emily...if you are reading, I would LOVE to have some really cute single shoes to go with these purses!

On to the details...I colored these little purses with my copics, cut them out with my nesties and mounted them on another piece of white paper. then I embossed the edge of the card with my scor pal and cut another piece of white paper to sit just inside that scor line. The sentiment is also from Stamping Bella and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that font! Actually, I love everything about this card!

Enjoy!

21 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Linda, this one is stunning!! Love it!

Shelley Malone said...

WOW, that's gorgeous!! I love how dimensional it looks, even without adding any additional colours. Far from plain!!

Shelley

Tammi said...

Your cards are always stunning, you always showcase your images perfectly...love this.

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely stunning!! :)

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Great card Linda. Love this layout. May have to give this a try. Your coloured images are so bright & vibrant. You could colour on a lunch bag and make it totally amazing.

Jane Wetzel said...

This is so awesome! It does not need any detail at all...PERFECT on it's own...gorgeous! tfs!

Crafty Cath said...

Linda this is simply gorgeous! You sure can color! I saw your blog link on Amy Sheffer's site and you are now added to my favorites. Thanks for all the info on Paper Pickle - I'm from Port Huron, Michigan (just across the border) and our local paper crafting store is closing in three weeks. The DH has offered to take a drive with me to check out this beautiful store. The stamp wall alone will keep me busy for a the day!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is adorable! I love it. Your coloring technique is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!

stamping bella said...

why is SHANNAN always FIRST to place a comment? hmmmm? lol
Linda, your wish is my command.. have shoes in the works.. FUNKY SHOOZ.
mwah! beeyootiful card
Em

Louise said...

WOW gorgeous card! Love the coloring, the purses, the font and all the white layers!
Beautiful card!

Terri said...

LOVE everything about this card...the images, your coloring, embossing and the white on white! Awesome!

Betty Meyskens said...

Beautiful card! Your colouring is always stunning - love the white and keeping it simple.

{pam} said...

omg . . . this is simply awesome!!!!

Sue said...

Love your cards, Linda. I am with you when it comes to using patterned papers. If I use more than one, it never seems to match!

Sue

Anonymous said...

I second Shannan's sentiment...This is just a masterpiece in white...STUNNING. Can I stamp these out next time??? LMAO

Karen Motz said...

This is stunning...it could easily be a piece of framed art!!! I totally agree with you...we need shoes to go with the bags! LOL! :)

dpkennedy said...

I love everything about this card too! All the white layers are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning!! So classy and your coloring is fabulous!

dlove2scrap said...

Holy smokes!! I love this card. I truly...truly LOVE IT!!! If I still bought cards at Hallmark, I'd definitely buy this one!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Just goes to show you don't have to do a lot to do something so stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails