Sunday, March 29, 2009

Race Day

What’s your passion?

Well ya all know that mine is anything crafty. But for some unbeknownst reason, there are others peeps in this world that actually run for pleasure…they enjoy it…you might say it’s their passion! Why, I’ll never know. Personally, I don’t do anything that requires sudden movement. The hubs is in that mysterious group of runners and today he ran a 30K in Hamilton. Along for the ride, or should I say run, were Jenni and Heather. I went along for the ride…yes RIDE, not RUN and my duties basically entailed cheering them on and taking pictures.



I even made a celebratory card for the event. This is Stella with an olive on top…and you might say it is me at the finish line, sipping a Cosmo and congratulating them on their efforts. I might have been doing that if it wasn't pouring rain. She is coloured up with my copic markers and I used various nesties to mount her on. The paper is some Crate paper that has been in my stash for quite a while.

I’ll leave you with some pictures of the event and then I'm off to paint my bathroom!

Pre race, look how happy they are, even if they know they will be spending the next 2 1/2 to 3 hours in the pouring rain!



This was my first photo stop along the route and I managed to spot Jenn in the crowd. Sadly, I lost Heather, but I'm sure she is in there somewhere.



Stop number two near Lasalle Park. It was much easier finding Mark here since the runners were thinned out. There he is, waving hello.



And here are the runners post race, Mark, Jenn and Heather. Look at them, still happy! I suppose I would be happy too if I just ran 30K in the rain and was still alive to tell about it.



So, this post is a toast dedicated to all the runners out there and their loyal fans who stand out in the rain to cheer them on! (and Jenn...how does it feel now that you have been blogged!...LOL!...mark warned ya! Jenn's husband John wants to be blogged, but we don't know that he has any talent.)

9 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

My daughter, Barbi, and her sister-in-law ran in the Race around the Bay in Hamilton too. I can't imagine doing it either. Each ran 15 km. Katrina ran the first 15 km in 1 hr 18 min and Barbi ran the last 15 km (with the hills) in 1 hr and 17 minutes. Proud of them both but not my thing either.

Shannan Teubner said...

Gorgeous, Linda! Your hubs is handsome!

Judi said...

Another great card! I'm with you on the running, far too much work. I need to safe that energy for scrapbooking and making cards.

Tammi said...

LOL, I love the picture of you at the finish line! :) I'm no runner either. Congrats to them all! Your card and coloring is amazing.

Terri said...

I agree...Stella seems to be having much more fun! Kudos to your husband for running though! Love this card!

Cindy H. said...

Love your card, love your humor!! Three cheers for the runners, too! I'm with you, except I'd be home watching on TV, all cozy and warm, lol.

Anonymous said...

I lovey this Stella! I was just coloring her up for a card this weekend. Your card is wonderful & fun! The sparkles make her so fabulous!

dpkennedy said...

I have to look at your card upclose to see that it really is colored with Copics and not pencils! Your coloring/shading is so soft and well blended...it's just amazing and an absolute pleasure to see! Fantastic card!
Congrats to your hubs!

Anonymous said...

LOL, this is an awesome post! I can't help but smaile as I type this...wondering if you were looking for somewhere dry to color while those crazy people ran! haha Very dedicated those three are, it was crappy here as well last weekend. Did they each get a beautiful card...or at least the two ladies?? Love that Stella, you color her better every time...how is that??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails