Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Retirement!

Sadly, not my retirement! That is wishful thinking...I still got some years left in me. But I long for the days when I can get up, take poochie for a morning walk, tidy up the house a bit then spend a couple hours stamping in the afternoon before I start cooking a wonderful meal! Yup...that is my fantasy. But with both boys (twins) heading off to university in September it seems more like a pipe dream right now!

Anyhoo...hubs needed a retirement card. I asked him if he wanted something pretty and 'old' looking, or something 'FRESH AND FUN'....he said FUN!...so Stella rose to the occasion! You all know how much I love Stella so any opportunity to use her makes me happy. I also wanted to say something fresh and fun, something that Stella would say, so I chose two Stamping Bella sentiments, Life is a Party for the front of the card and Sit Back Relax for the inside. I thought it was a perfect reflection on how I want my retirement to be!

The paper is October Afternoon and I bought it on one of my stops on the way to Paula's on Saturday. Image was colored with copics...my medium of choice for Stella...except for the grass which was done with pencils (my medium of choice for grass!)...and lots of glitter. Since I knew many people would be signing the card I made the inside pretty too and added strips of DP to finish it off.

The layout for this card was inspired by Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge. A fantastic layout and one I'm sure to be using again. Thanks Taylor!

Now don't forget to play along in this week's Bellarific Friday. Nickabella has outdone herself again with this inspiration. The colors are to die for yummy! Send your submission to Emily by Thursday at 5pm and don't forget to put BELLARIFIC FRIDAY MARCH 20th in the subject line.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh am so with you on the retirement - I can't wait, but I'm so far away still. Lvoe this card, and I too LOVE Stella! I really should get some.

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Wonderful card Linda and everyone has to love Stella. Just another terrific image from Stamping Bella.

Betty Meyskens said...

Great card Linda - I don't have any Stella's but after seeing your card - I think I might just have to get a couple. This one is just so cute. Love how you used the jumbo eyelet too.

Terri said...

Another stinkin' cute card. I love Stella...she just screams "FUN"!

Karen Motz said...

This is STUNNING Linda!!! Your colouring has me in AWE and the sentiments are perfect for a retirement card!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Cutest, most fun retirement card I've ever seen! Love your gorgeous coloring!!

Judi said...

Very cute card! You do a great job with your Copic coloring.

Shelley said...

You are excellent at mixing patterned papers!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

What a wonderful card!
You did a great job with the coloring!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Julia said...

I don't know why, but your Stella's are fabuloso!! It makes me want to get all of them!! This card looks wonderful!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, this is so awesome, Linda!! Love the Stella image, but the way you bring her to life is the most amazing thing!

Debbie said...

Your cards amaze me. I adore your colors and all the sparkle you add.

Anonymous said...

wow, how have I NOT commented on my lil Stella girl...I just love all of her.... This card is perfect and fun, just what a newly retired person needs!! She is beautiful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails