Friday, March 13, 2009

What a week!

I'm still spinning over the Ketto release, then there was Bellarific Friday and this afternoon I took some time off work to spend it with my BFF from grade 1 thru infinity who I have not seen in almost TWENTY YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was like I had just seen her yesterday...but with years of stuff to share! She looks FANTASTIC and we are already plotting our next outing! If you are reading Cathy, I'm still smiling!!!!

Now, one more cute story before I get on to my challenge card. The hubs had cataract surgery on Wednesday and as they were wheeling him down to the operating room the nurse looked down at his chart and said..."Are you the Bellarific Babe's husband?"....bwwwwhwhwhwhwhahahahahahaha.....poor guy, he really likes to stay anonymous and now he is known as a Bellarific Babe's husband! I may start calling him Bella-Babe-a-hub-a-bella! Bwaaahahahahah! OMG....he'd better not read this or i'm in trouble!

Okay, enough goofy stories 'bout my week and on to the card. I had a bit of trouble with the colors on my monitor and mistook the ivory for white, BUT I think I got the blue red and black figured out. This is Chatty Cathy and she is one of my fav's of the Chichi's. (but that is a weak statement cause i love ALL the chichi's). Anyhoo...when I get a color challenge I pull out the colors and place them in front of me. Then I flip thru my bella bindah and gaze at the images trying to decide which one would look good in those colors. There was something about these colors that reminded me of my Cat in the Hat Beginners Dictionary that I had when I was a kid! And Chatty Cathy could very easily be a Dr. Seuss character with that little pixie face of hers. So the decision was made, Chatty Cathy got center stage! I colored her with my copics, the ribbon is a misc piece from my stash and I think the paper might be Memory Box, but not sure about that either!

So to top off a wonderful week, tomorrow I am heading to Paula's with my BFF Pauline. I'll have my pencils and copics in tow along with my Bella Bindah's! We will eat, stamp, color, chat and laugh! I'm so looking forward to seeing those gals again! And as a bonus, since I now have a GPS there is no excuse for me getting lost on the way home!

Hope you have a Bellarific week just like I did!

8 comments:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Thanks for the chuckle Linda. You did an amazing job with the colour challenge....so rich and vibrant. Have fun on your outing and I am sure there will be alot more stories to tell when you and Pauline get home.

Anonymous said...

New names for the hubby's, Jim is gonna die when I give him his 'tvaddictafella', shhh, don't tell him I said that! Cathy is STUNNING! I can NOT wait to see her in person!!!!! The colors are perfect for her too!

Anonymous said...

Love the sweet image! Your card is soooo adorable and, of course, your coloring is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing, and again looks real! Enjoy your day with Paula!!!

Kristina Lewis said...

I am so impresssed with your copic coloring and shading abilities!! You have such talent! How do you gradually shade your images to white? Do you color straight or with a paintbrush? Thanks!

Chichiboulie said...

Oooh! She looks divine! Great job colouring and I love her tights and boots.

Anonymous said...

Too funny !!! I did the exact same thing. Papers first, then what Bella jumped out. Funny thing about the Hubs though ! LMAO ! You girls sound like what happens when a friend of mine and I get together. Just plain fun!

dpkennedy said...

I love the button/ribbon treatment! Great coloring! Love this card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails