Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It was definitely NOT a WW friendly meal today!

As promised, Mom and Dad came over today and I traded her 4 cards for a Mom-cooked meal...BUT, when Mom cooks it is SO NOT a WW friendly meal. Baked Tilapia, her special home made rice pilaf and steamed green beans with mushrooms....sounds pretty decent...EXCEPT...I think she used a quarter pound of butter! OH MY! Top that off with the fact that I had a dinner to attend on Monday night to get inducted into the 2nd quarter club at work. A dinner to honour those who have worked at the company for 25+ years. This was my first year so I decided to celebrate by not counting points! What the heck, one good indulgence can't hurt! Well it cost me 2lbs at the weigh in, now I have this butter-rich meal doing a number on me AND thanksgiving weekend is approaching for us Canadians. I think I may call in sick for my next weigh in!

Lulu's Slice O' Cake was NOT one of the cards that was in my stash to give her, but when she saw it on the desk she fell in love and asked if she could have that one too! Why not! That tilapia floating in butter had to be worth it!


Sadly again, I do not have the markers used on this project because a) I was just messing around, and b) I used so many pencils over the markers you'd never have a true representation if I listed them. What I will tell you though, is that I added some liquid applique to create an oozing of some butter cream filling and then after I took this pic, and the liquid applique was good and dry, I took the heat gun to it to puff it up a bit. So it now looks like whipped cream/butter cream filling! I know you sweet tooth's out there are probably salivating by now! Me, not so much! I'd take a hunk of good home smoked kielbasa over cake any day!

To move on to something different, I leave you with a couple things...first and most importantly did you see we have TWO NEW BABES....NO, not the contest winners, some ADDITIONAL babes! First we have the uber super talented fellow Canadian Kim Teasdale. She uses primarily (maybe exclusively) tombow markers on her images and they have a deep rich watercolor glow to them that CANNOT be imitated (and I've tried). Our second new babe is Ebru Vatansever our new videographer AND also fellow Canadian who is creating a Bellarific Youtube Channel! OMG....you MUST go check out her blog and her video's. Especially if you want to 'meet' the 'real' Emily. I personally know Emily, and let me say, this video is uncut, and unsensored! It's the REAL DEAL!

Finally, for you fashion forward followers...remember 'the boots' that I raved about! Those Michael Kors babies that I bought at Nordstrom's in Chicago! Well here they are! In all their glory! I decided that I would wear them to the 2nd Quarter Club dinner on Monday. Heck, when you have been working somewhere for 25 years it is evident you are likely getting up in years, unless you started working at the ripe old age of 5! And I wasn't ready to look old yet so 'the boots' were the way to go, no doubt about it! I love my new boots!

Now, it is still early on Wednesday night so you still have time to sneak in a card for our FALL COLOUR challenge! Get your card to Emily by tomorrow at 5pm and you'll not only see your creation up in lights, but you could win yourself some bella bucks!

11 comments:

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous card and boots too!

Becky said...

What a fabulously delicious looking slice of cake, gorgeous colors.

Linda Carson said...

Ooooooo, I like those boots! Cool! Your cake looks yummy! Like the butter cream filling idea!

Pauline said...

Yummy, that cake looks delicious, and I have a very sweet tooth! Love how you did the 'cream' in the middle. Hey and look at those boots- Love them!

Crafty Cath said...

Your pansies look real!!! The depth of color is just mind boggling. And the detail in the buttercream....Oh I can taste it now. Gorgeous boots!!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Nice boots !!! I have a weakness for shoes, really now what percent of women don't :o)
Love the card and the coloring, gorgeous !!!

Cindy H. said...

Oh, your slice of cake is soooo gorgeous - love the colors and your super coloring!! Congrats on 25 yrs. with one company!! It's not very often you hear that these days. Love your boots, they're really sharp looking. tfs

Robin McK said...

I think the trade of the card for the buttered meal was totally worth it! Although, I do love the card! LOL

Imke said...

Great Card, i like the glitter on the cake.

Lorie Haines said...

OMG Linda, the boots are even more fantastic then i envisioned them when we had our "boot" discussion at stamping bella. they are gorgeous!!! wow is really all i can say.
Lorie

paula tracy williamson said...

hmmmm, working the room for craft $$. Look at those sexy boots! Damn, forgot about the card...HAHA

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails