I know, I've promised this for about a week now and finally I'm getting to it. I have two to post, both I did quite a while ago and have had them buried in my stash. This first one is using a technique I learned while taking a class at Pickle...YES. I know, I teach there, but hey I can take classes too! Everyone has something they can share and I certainly don't pretend to know it all!.
So for this card, I stamped the main image in Walnut Distress Ink and then I picked up some embossing powder in my fingers and sprinkled it here and there...I didn't drown the entire image. When I shook off the excess I sort of turned the whole thing quickle upside down so EP wouldn't stick everywhere. Then, I stamped the distress background in Tea Dye (sorry...not sure who that image is from!). Finally I took some sponges and distress ink and added colour to the globe and distressed the edges.
Finished it off with a sentiment that was embossed and stamped with a Spellbinders label die and distressed those edges some more. There you have it! A very masculine card! This one will be going to one of my uncles and I'm sure he will love it!