Friday, July 10, 2009

New Card, New SHOOOOZE, a Life Map, and an announcement

I'll start with the card, and then those who want to stick around and hear about my quirky personal side can stay and the others can leave! How's that for a warning! But you may want to scoot past the personal stuff for the big announcement!

You GOTTA know by now when it's Friday, its BELLARIFIC FRIDAY...this weeks sketch came together rather quickly for me, and I actually used THREE, yes count 'em THREE different patterned papers. Now, they are all Cosmo Cricket from the Chemistry line and not overly bold patterns so I could adjust! I did change my circle to an oval because it worked a little better with Cupcake with a Huggabug on top. I colored with my copics, no surprise there, but shaded with pencils...again NO surprise! The solid element at the bottom of the sketch was the perfect place for my cupcake thing sentiment which was embossed with some Zing chestnut EP that I brought home from my last Bella BOOOOtique visit. I went a little overboard with the glitter on the cupcake, but think of it as a nice sugared topping!

For inqiring minds, copics used in this image are:
R20, 21, 22, 24, 27, 29
E0000, 000, 00, 11
E50, 51, 53, 55, 57
E33, 35, 93, 95
YR14, YG17

Now, you can leave, and go check out Emily's blog and see if any of the Friday eye candy has been posted yet...

OR...check out my new SHOOOOOZE!!!!!!!!!! These are Toms, and for every pair of shoes you buy, one pair is given to a child in need. That in itself is enough to purchase a pair...BUT THESE ARE EXTRA SPECIAL...the graphics on this pair was designed by Dave Matthews are are only available to purchase on the Dave Matthews official store! SO YOU JUST KNEW I HAD TO HAVE A PAIR!!!!!!!!!!! I love them...their funky, comfortable, ECO friendly and will one day put a smile on a child's face! Could you ask for more?

Next up, my Life Map! One of the boys is heading to McMaster University in Hamilton come September and last week was an orientation day. Part of the activities was to create a Life Map and everyone was given a piece of paper and a marker. WELL, Mark suddenly felt a nature break comin' on and that left me and Derek. Derek wasn't too sure what to do, but ME...I took that marker and EASILY sketched out where I want my life to go in the next few years....Mark had it all figured out except for the broom! LOL!....he never sees me with one of those, but I said once I'm retired I may have some time to actually DO some cleaning around the house....LOL!!!!!!!!!!! So, thought you all might get a chuckle out of this and see if you can figure it out.

FINALLY.......BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!

You've asked and asked and I've finally caved! I will be teaching a copic class at Stamping Bella on Saturday August 22nd. A morning and afternoon class will be available and spots will be limited. I'll spill everything I've learned about copics over the last couple years of playing with them, experimenting, PRACTICING, and reading the vast number of great tutorials out there on the WEB! It will be a hands on class, we will color three images and you will have the supplies to turn those into cards, but we WILL concentrate on copics and coloring! Are you excited? I am!!!

10 comments:

April said...

OMG!!! This card is beautiful!! You can never have too much glitter. I love the color!!! Everything!! And I am so jealous of all those wonderful people who get to take your coloring class....:) And Paula's too..:) Have a wonderful weekend.

Linda Carson said...

GORGEOUS artwork! I would take your class if I could!

mariaf said...

They are sooo lucky!!! I wish I could attend your class,but I live a bit far(in Israel)lol.
I wish you could make a video tutorial for those who are not that lucky:)

Meahni said...

Hi Linda! I LOVE that life map!!! It is SO clever, and of course the Dave Matthews concert was on there too, how can it not! I can't believe he designs shoes, and the pattern looks a bit African to me LOL.
Your card is beautiful, absolutely stunning!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the color scheme and the layout. Also the cute image which you colored perfectly, nice glitter accent.

Warmest regards, Renata

dolcreations said...

Your card Linda is simply stunning! I love the colours! I am so excited that you are coming in August to teach at Stamping Bella! I can hardly wait!
Christine

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card! Love your coloring! TFS!

Terri said...

Darling card and beautifully colored, as always! I love participating in the Bellarific Challenges...so much fun!

I too am jealous of those that get to participate in your class...too bad you are so far from AZ!

dpkennedy said...

This card is soooo cute! That's wonderful news that you will be teaching a class! Those are lucky ladies that get to take your class! Good luck and have fun!

paula tracy williamson said...

LOL, those are the shoes...I see the comercials with the "tom" guy... uh, they look flat!! Oh my aching arches! Life map...I thought the broom was to ride...LOL hehehehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails