Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No fair girl!

I just LOVE the name of this stamp, No Fair Girl...gosh, I don't know HOW many times I whined that while I was a little stinker! And then she's got that little hmph look going on! It is seriously just too darn cute! A bunch of little sentiments come with her and I used my stamp positioner to align a couple of them up for the tag.

I should be making a whole stash of these cards because even though I HAVE a whole stash of cards sitting in my house, I am THE WORST about actually mailing them out and I'm notoriously late getting birthday cards in the mail.

The paper used on this card is a piece of Making Memories that I bought last time I was at da bella's. I really love papers that have a border built into them because it gives a nice layered look without all the work! And heck, after I spent all that time colorin' I'm all about finding the easy way out. In case you are wondering, I typically spend 30-45 minutes to color an image of this size. Longer if they are bigger. Oh ya, and I finally got new specs so that should help to ease my pain, and if I'm lucky, speed it up a bit cause I'll spend less time holding the darn thing out at an arms length to get a good look at it! LOL!

I pulled the following copic markers for this image and stamped her on Bella's Bestest paper. All shading was done with pencils and Versa magic thatched straw was sponged on the edges:
E00000, 000, 00, 11, 41, 42, 43, 44, 47
E31, 15, 50, N0
Y11, YR02, 12, 20, 21
R20, 22, 24, 29
BG0000, 000

Stay-cation update: Last night was our final Dave Matthews concert of the season, so sad to see it come to an end but it was a fantastic show and he sang soooooo many songs from the new CD. We had great seats, 22nd row to the right of the stage. From there we could see into the side of the stage where they walk out and who was sitting watching daddy sing...Dave's twin daughters. They looked so unimpressed, not even toe-tapping! I'm sure it was just a run of the mill day for them. Oh ya, I got busted for taking pictures. You aren't allowed cameras at his shows but every other person seems to sneak one in and I am the one to get busted...likely because I was sitting on an aisle and the security people last night were like Nazi's! So I didn't get as many pics as I normally do, but I'll put this one out here just for my own personal enjoyment!

5 comments:

craftyb said...

Love her, want her, NEED her!! She is truly adorable....FAB colouring...totally fab card! bx

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Linda! this image will go in my wish list as well. The patterned paper is beautiful and really complement the image. Excellent coloring with your copic.

Silvia

Meahni said...

Hey how come I have not seen this stamp!!! Hupmh... I am gonna have to get it... I am way behind some people who admire their stamps once in a while, lol! Gorgeous stunning amazing ;-)

CraftyViolet said...

Love this card. I hope the Pickle has her! I need to add her to my supply..well, not need to, but will!

Gena Porter - aka GDP2001 said...

Love her and love your work1
gena

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails