Friday, December 18, 2009

Faux or Sew!



Today's Bellarific Friday challenge is to Faux or Sew, use faux or real sewing on your card. Now how easy peasy was that! I must admit, if this challenge was three months ago I would have been tempted to faux! Why?...well because I did not have anywhere to keep my sewing machine out on a permanent basis so I would have to drag it out to the dining room table. It's big, and it's heavy, and it's not something I liked to do often. But since the boys went off to school I have put it on Derek's desk in his room!

Todays card uses one of the new Stamping Bella releases and this little cuttie is The Birthday boy from Christy Croll. He is gonna be perfect for one of Mark's little nephews b'days this summer so I'm planning ahead here! I coloured him with copic markers but used my prisma color pencils and gamsol for shading. The happy birthday sentiment was stamped on a spellbinders tag and I was thinking of maybe adding a couple buttons to the upper right corner but decided to leave well enough alone.

Today is my last day at work for a couple weeks and right now I'm just too tired to even be excited! Christmas cards are done and I'll have those in the mail tomorrow but I won't stop making them just yet 'cause I never know when I'll need a last minute one and I have NO spares!

Don't forget to pop on over to the Bella Blog today to see what the sistah's have been up to! And be sure to check out the latest news on her Scrapping Bella designers...i wanna make scrapbook pages just like them when I grow up!

5 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

"Sew" cute!!

Janette said...

Fab card and great image beautifully coloured.x

Tammy said...

This is such an awesome card!! I would love to know your technique on doing your background!!

Christy Croll said...

As always your work is sewww adorable. :) Love the coloring. How does Derek feel about mom's sewing machine in 'his' room??? LOL

Jami said...

This is toooo cute!! Love the image, your beautiful coloring, and the yummy papers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails